Thoth tarot app

daphne

Is there a Thoth tarot app?

It would be wonderful to have the cards in high definition, bright, to zoom in and see all the details, like in Shadowscapes app.
With text from DuQuette or Snuffin for reference would make then a great study tool.

Zephyros

Are you on a Apple or Android product? Either way, the OTO is very strict about their copyrights, and as far as I know any app would be unauthorized. Browsing the Google Play Store I see a few, some of them free, but not with the texts you mentioned. Those would have to authorized and paid for as well.

However, I think there are apps in which you can upload your own decks.

daphne

Apple.

I could not find, there are some thothy decks, Liber T, Rosetta apps, but no Thoth.

I find it really strange such an important deck has no app.

angeltreats

There's an iphone app called Simple Tarot that uses Thoth and includes the Book of Thoth and another one "The Way of the Tarot" by Alejandro Jodorowsky. I got it through the app store so assumed it was official/approved/whatever. However the cards are kind of elongated and pulled out of shape a bit so look rather distorted. I'll see if I can post a screenshot from my phone.

daphne

There's an iphone app called Simple Tarot that uses Thoth and includes the Book of Thoth and another one "The Way of the Tarot" by Alejandro Jodorowsky. I got it through the app store so assumed it was official/approved/whatever. However the cards are kind of elongated and pulled out of shape a bit so look rather distorted. I'll see if I can post a screenshot from my phone.

Thank you!

How... distorted are the cards?

angeltreats

This is a screenshot from the app store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 892

angeltreats

Screenshot of a card so you can see they're not quite right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 895

angeltreats

Thanks a lot!

It is awful, defeats the purpose to study and admire the cards.

Indeed. But it was all I could find and it does have access to the texts. I have no idea why they would have done it like this, it's so strange.