New Tarot Card Movie

Tarotphelia

This post has been edited for content too shocking:

arkgoth said:
I will however put a disclaimer that my movie has nothing and does not reflect the Tarot community and represents nothing but a fraction of my imagination.

__That is a very good idea.

*Tarotphelia, if my concerns on how my film would affect the tarot community bothers you, I will be sure to just go with my gut knowledge from here on.

__Nothing you do is going to bother me much.

*Let me just say in public, I have no big knowledge on the tarot as opposed to many of you. But I can say I tried, but if my curiosity is not well received, well...at least I TRIED :)

__A brief flip-through of a few current tarot books could have given you an overview of the highest purposes & intents of the tarot, and how most practitioners would like their art to be perceived. You may have already done that, I don't know. It would be the logical thing.

Tarotphelia

Tarotphelia

This post will contain potentially controversial material:

Certain questions have come to mind:

1. Though you say you are not really into the tarot, in another post you are fishing for articles & saying you will be creating a tarot reading/promotion area in your website.

Is this an interactive marketing program for the film?

2. You have come here seeking input of some kind.

(Whether or not your stated purpose of the input is completely forthright is for each person to decide on their own. )

Is this input part of a plan for your PR department to sort over & put the best spin on any criticism of the film ahead of time?

Tarotphelia

aeonx

Re: Oo, Alpha Mistress of Vowels

*edited*

~aeonx~

Khatruman

Response and apology

Dear aeonx,

I want to publicly apologize for my personal attack of you here on the board and flagrant grammatical errors.

Peace!

PS. I re-edited my original response to you (and thank another aeclectian for the wonderful suggestion) to take out the personal attacks. I was wrong in doing so in the first place and was working out of an attitude of imbalance. I hope that you can accept my apologies.

arkgoth

Well, the reason why I am promoting the tarot community in my website is because I want to dedicate a good section of my website to explaining the difference between my movie and the REAL tarot community. By exposing the public through my authority, I am outright claiming that what I made is a movie. Any fans of the movie who see any truth in it will realise the true nature of the tarot when they visit the website.

Movies will always be movies. Harry Potter will always wait for a train at 9.5 to Hogwarts. But despite the critical success of any movie, I think filmmakers also need to partake on a responsibility on their art. While my art is melancholic by nature, I still want people to know that despite all the horror and evil I show, there are people like you guys that exists. Always willing to help (for those that did) and always kind to me.

Aeon, Laurel and among the few people who I deeply respect for their opinions just because they were there to answer questions from an ignoramus and never once stopping to question me about any thing. I feel a very helpful spirit in them, whether they be from Norway or somewhere far.

Well, thanks for everything

Laurel

Thank you Arkgoth. I have found our PM and email conversations to be a complete pleasure and look forward to more. Expect to hear from me in email later today.

Tarotphelia: I disagree with the manner you're addressing this extremely talented and open minded young man, moreso than your points themselves. Its not "my problem" to be involved with, however, other than stating as such. You're certainly not the first person I've ever felt was unduly harsh during a conversation on Aeclectic, and you won't be the last. We all have our moments where how we say something heavilly detracts from the message within, myself most certainly.

Laurel

jlbvt

Re: Re: Re: This post does not contain dangerous humor in any form:

allibee said:
I think you'll find some people's problems with this is that he has ALREADY made most of the film, BEFORE coming to do research and it seems inevitably based on ASSUMPTION, inaccuracies and thus serving to popularise public misconception of the tarot even more.
here is my 2 cemts, or perhaps 2 dollars.

If I wanted to make a movie about something of which I know very little, I would do vigorus research before even considering writing the thing.

But this movie has so little to do with Tarot in actuality, I think arkgoth would do better to find people who are more his target audience. Maybe a sci-fi board or horror flick community. I just think that he's running into a lot of resistance here and irritaiting *a few* people because the movie, although containing Tarot, is really not about Tarot.

arkgoth

You're right about that. I'm sorry for coming to the wrong people about this. I hope this will not offend any veterans of the community

arkgoth

Yes, I also agree with you about vigorous research. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of time like most independant artists would. It would be great to one day spend a year in a culture before making a movie on it!

And my board of advisory appointed by my producer proved their intelligence was much more weaker than the people I have met in this board who I applaud at their brilliance

jlbvt

Good Idea

ok, and I like the idea I just read on your other post about starting out in the beginning with the cards being a positive life experience, and then I assume something goes HORRIBLY wrong for the boy. Sounds like an interesting idea for a movie, maybe not completely devoted to the wonder and truth of Tarot, but it could be good entertainment nonetheless.