Lenormand - Treppner Course

Gavriela

It's a great course, probably the best one in English today. There are some problems with the Scythe combos in the list in the last PDF (a few of them got put down as the same backwards and forwards), but you can find a list in English over at my blog under - 'Scythe Combos' - if you want one. Just hit the website link under this message to get there.

It's a minor quibble, and it may be corrected by now. Even if it hasn't been, it won't wreck the course for you, and if you follow the course, you will learn to read cards, instead of just memorising rote meanings - that's where it really shines compared to most of what I've seen in the English-speaking market.

Soothsayer

I didn't know that was your website. It's been on my favourites list for a while. :) I think the problem with the Scythe combinations has been fixed; I noticed some of the other combos have the same meaning regardless of the order of the two cards.

Lorielle

I've been toying with the idea of buying the Treppner course or not. I'd like to, and it certainly sounds like it's worth it! I am having problems staying away from ordering more Lenormand cards at the moment. :)

Lorielle

I just took the plunge and bought the course. Now I'm going to sit down and read through it to see what I've got. :)

jrr01

Does anyone know where I can buy Treppner's Lenormand Course? I myself hated Sylvie's way of teaching. "Buy the book first and then i'll teach you"

P.S. Is there an english version of Treppner's Lenormand Course?

Thanks guys.

faunabay

jrr01 said:
Does anyone know where I can buy Treppner's Lenormand Course? I myself hated Sylvie's way of teaching. "Buy the book first and then i'll teach you"

Thanks guys.
Oh yes, there's an english version you can buy. Let me go see if I can find the link to buy it for you.

And I'm with you on Sylvie's way of teaching. :p

edited:
Well duh!!! Just go to the first page of this thread. LOL There's links for the course. Click on the link Astraea gives and then on the UK flag on top. It will change the page to english. :p

colorwalk

jrr01 said:
You'll have to email them or specify in your payment that you want the English version though (even when paying through their English language page).

Iris will email you anyway to ask you which version you need if you did not specify it ahead of time, but remember to do so if you want to save the extra waiting time from the correspondence, etc. She gets back to you pretty fast, but because I didn't know to specify ahead of time... I ended up getting the files several days later due to wait times between emails (time difference), etc. Not a long time in the wider scope of things, but still... :D

thorhammer

jrr01 said:
I myself hated Sylvie's way of teaching. "Buy the book first and then i'll teach you"
I'll third that motion. Not the friendliest of gurus, and one of the few members of AT who seem to be members only for gain. They're the ones I steer clear of. There's enough advertising* and stuff out there without it invading the purple pages.

\m/ Kat

* Note: I make a distinction between "advertising" and "enabling" . . . :D

emmsma

Glad this thread was revived. Got the other book and found I didn't like it, so haven't done that course here.

Was rather disappointed.

SolSionnach

thorhammer said:
I'll third that motion. Not the friendliest of gurus, and one of the few members of AT who seem to be members only for gain. They're the ones I steer clear of. There's enough advertising* and stuff out there without it invading the purple pages.

\m/ Kat

* Note: I make a distinction between "advertising" and "enabling" . . . :D
Personally, I completely understand Sylvie's behavior.
She put an amazing amount of information in the book - why should she want to re-type it every time someone has a question? She's already put it all out there...