Vargo's Gothic Daily Card

Alissa

And then there's the Oh Crap response

I was lacing the cards to separate the deck for my daily draw when two slid out and felt significant. I stopped and took the two as my daily.

Four of Wands, rev. Death, rev.

And my chest caves in. Bad news coming. Death brings big changes, and sometimes sad news too. These were my immediate impressions.

The four of wands looks like she's telling me, "Hold on!" with her outstreched arms on the pillars next to her. The Death card's eyes are watching me in a way I don't like. The raven looks shocked, startled. Ready to take upside down flight.

Sighs... what now? My rune today was Isa, for two days in a row, and now this too. AND my Endora card is the Gate, reversed. Barriers, gates, restrictions, and the possibility of ominous tidings. Weee, ain't I happy?

Kittaine

Re: And then there's the Oh Crap response

Alissa said:
I was lacing the cards to separate the deck for my daily draw when two slid out and felt significant. I stopped and took the two as my daily.

Four of Wands, rev. Death, rev.

And my chest caves in. Bad news coming. Death brings big changes, and sometimes sad news too. These were my immediate impressions.

The four of wands looks like she's telling me, "Hold on!" with her outstreched arms on the pillars next to her. The Death card's eyes are watching me in a way I don't like. The raven looks shocked, startled. Ready to take upside down flight.

Sighs... what now? My rune today was Isa, for two days in a row, and now this too. AND my Endora card is the Gate, reversed. Barriers, gates, restrictions, and the possibility of ominous tidings. Weee, ain't I happy?

Hm...that's really very ominous. Let us know if anything does happen. I hope it's nothing too awful.

Alissa

Thank you Kittaine for your kind caring!

A classic example of misreading your daily cards...

The four of wands, rev. I almost always hear "Good news comin" when (traditional) 4 wands shows up. Reversed, I said, "Bad news comin," but I was wrong. Good news came, an olive branch sent to me as a email during times of high anxiety. I appreciated the effort.

Death, rev. = This card showed up, reversed, in 4 outta five daily draws and/or self-readings last week, somewhere. I know exactly what it means - notice I shied away from discussing it, besides the feeling of being watched, when it showed up.

It's telling me about the part inside of me (hence the reversal), a person I have been, that I'm currently "killing" off. That aspect of myself, my persona, I killed that Alissa inside last week, and sometimes it takes a long time to do. Hacking it to bits doesn't always do the trick, you have to keep after the squirmy bits that keep coming back up. And up.

Gate, rev. = I'm the one shutting that gate. Too often, we cast ourselves in the role of "victim" ("Who did this to poor little me?") when it's our own culpability we should examine. I am guilty of that. I shut that gate, but I did it to try to....

Isa = constriction, cold, the almost unbearable need to struggle against the forces that bind and constict. Accept the bonds that hold you, you made them yourself, Alissa.

Today's draw : The Chariot. Time for Alissa to take the reins on her life, take control, don't be passive. Time to accept responsibility and take action. Personal will power, the (temporary) triumph of the ego over the material situation.

I almost said "I hope my driver is taking me to the Count's..." but when will I remember, I'm driving?! It's my nature to give the horses their lead, follow their inclination and end up at the destination I was meant to be at, instead of where I meant to go. I enjoy the ride more that way.

But perhaps not. Giving up control during the Chariot seems a good way to plunge off a mist-enshrouded cliff.

I talk too much.

Alissa

Knave of Wands (again). He showed up in a reading I did for myself just 3 days ago as well, which makes me feel his presence today is echoing some of the messages from that reading.

A blunt message that I should edit to a PG-13 version in order to post and share. He's "messing" with my head. This is the "skull-something or other" in my deck, with his finger and talon penetrating the eye socket. He's messing with me, and the motivation behind the behavior is leering, lustful. Desire?

Weird.

Alissa

Knight of Swords, rev.

Took all the fight outta him. Took all the passion and the drive and the ambition.... His downcast head speaks to me of dejection...rejection. His sword hangs listlessly at his side. What a tired banner to keep waving all the time, especially when no one is even looking any more.

Sword? I've got a sword? Oh yea... that thing. "Swords are words..." Alissa has pontificated in the past.

Three rejection letters in one day, one loaded with such harsh criticisms..... Someone dump some brandy in this coffee. I'm going on mental vacation today.

Mr. Huxley, I'd like my Soma now, please....

Edited to add : Knights are champions of a cause. I was the champion of this cause for well over a year now. But I have no fight in me today to keep this banner raised. Knights defend against attack... my piece has been attacked (boy has it). I hate agents. Scurge of the earth - parasitic talent leeches. It's their job to make value judgments, but that doesn't mean I have to accept them (especially when based on viewing only 7% of the actual work).

Tomorrow, I'll fortify the ramparts. Tomorrow, I'll organize the foot troupes and reorganize my plan of attack. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. For today, I'll be in my tent.

Kittaine

Alissa said:
Knight of Swords, rev.

Took all the fight outta him. Took all the passion and the drive and the ambition.... His downcast head speaks to me of dejection...rejection. His sword hangs listlessly at his side. What a tired banner to keep waving all the time, especially when no one is even looking any more.

Sword? I've got a sword? Oh yea... that thing. "Swords are words..." Alissa has pontificated in the past.

Three rejection letters in one day, one loaded with such harsh criticisms..... Someone dump some brandy in this coffee. I'm going on mental vacation today.

Mr. Huxley, I'd like my Soma now, please....

Edited to add : Knights are champions of a cause. I was the champion of this cause for well over a year now. But I have no fight in me today to keep this banner raised. Knights defend against attack... my piece has been attacked (boy has it). I hate agents. Scurge of the earth - parasitic talent leeches. It's their job to make value judgments, but that doesn't mean I have to accept them (especially when based on viewing only 7% of the actual work).

Tomorrow, I'll fortify the ramparts. Tomorrow, I'll organize the foot troupes and reorganize my plan of attack. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. For today, I'll be in my tent.

Hi, Alissa

I'm sorry to hear you're going through hard times. Just remember that you're not alone. :( Everybody seems to be getting anxiety attacks over something these days--from bills to final exams. I hope you'll feel better. I hope we'll all feel better and make it out with as much of our sanity intact.

My card for today is the Three of Wands.

Today, I had my last exam. You'd think it's all over now, but no...The hardest part always comes after the exams and before "course card day." It's time to play the waiting game. Last term I had a severe anxiety attack over it. I had a hard time sleeping, and I had difficulty eating when I thought about what the outcome would be. It made me so nervous that I thought I'd rather die than learn what my final grades were. This term I'm doing comparatively better. At least I'm not gasping for air over it now.

I look at the Three of Wands and all I can see is that ugly tangle. The snake started with the central wand and, after being caught up with the two other wands, it still managed to end up in the center, nearing its goal, its main objective. Will I achieve what I sought out in the beginning of the term, despite all the hardships and trials, the depressions and the family crises? Or will I get caught up in all the tangle, falling just one tiny step short of my goal? I can feel the anxiety rising, my heart beating faster. I feel out of breath all of a sudden. I know I shouldn't overreact, but this is embedded into me...It's something that I firmly set my mind on. Will it be taken away from me?

Alissa

Kittaine, you're a doll to offer such thoughtful words. Honestly, I'm just mercurial... and I usually express it. In my heart of hearts, I'm always groovy "way down deep". But I find myself treating posts like I would a journal entry, esp. for something as personal as a daily draw. As long as the information isn't too personal, I don't mind showing my "process" (on good, and bad, days). We all have crappy days, eh? Why just post about the "happy pretties?"

(And let's all raise a glass to mercury retro, one of my favorite astrological times of the year! NOT~! Is it over yet? Is *August* over yet???)

I was struck by your 3 of wands... I felt, while reading, I could see you were the snake... not a bad icon! A creature with the power of self-transformation. Mostly, I could see you, as the serpent, having to go "under and over and around" every obstacle in your way, the way the snake threads himself in the 3 wands. And you're right, then his course is clear once again. And a snake can slither right through that many obstacles, but it takes some flexibility on his part. Maybe flexibility is the key for you too?

Today, my draw is Justice. Not reversed. She holds the sword above her head once more, she looks victorious again. Righteously ready for the crusade. The scales of "what came before" versus "what will be" balance themselves eternally in the current moment. Karma. She looks a lot stronger than I feel, but the day is early.

This daily reminded me of a thread I wanted to start a while ago, but have been too preoccupied to give it attention....

lunakasha

August 28--Ace of Cups

This is my first time drawing the Ace of Cups from the Gothic deck...but I remember being struck by the red gemstones and etching on the cups when I pulled the Three of Cups.....

Here there is only one cup or chalice....and it is larger so the detail is easier to see. The cup itself looks very old....yet sturdy and beautifully maintained, especially the glowing red stones. Someone has taken great care with it through the years....it reminds me of a family heirloom that has been passed on for many years, generations....

The cup represents love, friendship, positive relationships.....
and the Ace in particular indicates a new beginning....possibly a new friendship or an existing one that moves in a new direction.

The swirling red design that seems to emanate from the cup is interesting....it makes me think of energy, and movement....the ancient cup is being reborn....the red swirls could be flames, literally creating physical change in the cup....it could be melted down and then molded into something new.....

:) Luna

lunakasha

August 29--King of Pentacles

The King stands solemnly, overlooking his courtyard and kingdom beyond the castle...his face is serious...like he may be searching for something out there...protective of his home and his treasures.

He reaches up with his right hand to touch the horn of one of the gargoyles that stand watch upon the tower. These two beasts are sitting on either side of the king, identical, unmoving...are they merely stone statues or is there life within them??? They look as though they might be ready to pounce at any moment, following their master's bidding....

Carved into the stone tower are five more gargoyles and a pentacle....along with this message:

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE

This King is very powerful and cautious...vigilant and protective over all of his domain...he is ready and waiting to fight against anyone who threatens his fortress, his family or his possessions.

:) Luna

Alissa

!@#$ !%$#^@%! !#%$$#

!#@$%~! Knave of Wands... AGAIN. I haven't touched these cards in days, and today.... shuffle shuffle shuffle. Close my eyes, say a prayer, open my heart, split the deck...

!#@%!^( *$!#_(*)%_ !!!! YOU again.... Still messing with my head?

What do you want???? Why are you here? I'm not getting it... you're gonna have to be clearer if you want me to understand.