The Antique Lenormand

Bernice

Fox and Birds

Fox and Birds.

After much dithering, I decided against owls. They captured the imagination during the new age sentiments for 'all things esoteric'. But the most easily recognised and chatty birds all over the world are those in the Birds card.

Feel free to comment.

Bee.

Attachments

• Fox.jpg
    Fox.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Birds.jpg
    Birds.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 98

tarot heart

As has been said, the card does look bare/bleak........ so I've added a tree. But not any tree.

It's a weeping willow, apparently Napoloeons' favourite tree during his latter time in captivity. He was buried under it. Thought it appropriate for this card.

Yes or no?

Bee

Yes, it is more appropriate. However, on my screen, the tree appears to be cut off partially on the left side. Is that the way you meant it to be?

Bernice

Hi Tarot heart,

I had a problem with the tree because the weeping willow is rather broad and sprawling.

The whole tree would have to be much further into the background to fit it in, but then it looks like a greeny haystack or some broccoli.

I've made it a wee bit bigger in this one, but still at the left edge. Can you see it better now?

Bee.

Attachments

• coffin+tree_2.jpg
    coffin+tree_2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 98

tarot heart

Hi Tarot heart,

I had a problem with the tree because the weeping willow is rather broad and sprawling.

The whole tree would have to be much further into the background to fit it in, but then it looks like a greeny haystack or some broccoli.

I've made it a wee bit bigger in this one, but still at the left edge. Can you see it better now?

Bee.

I don't know why, but on my end it looks exactly the same as the first card you showed. But you're right. If you put it anywhere else, it would look like a head of broccoli. Have you tried a different weeping willow. But you can just ignore me if this is the look you were striving towards. You are the artist here. :)

Bernice

I don't know why, but on my end it looks exactly the same as the first card you showed. But you're right. If you put it anywhere else, it would look like a head of broccoli. Have you tried a different weeping willow. But you can just ignore me if this is the look you were striving towards. You are the artist here. :)

:) It really isn't *exactly the same.
But as the coffin is the main import of the card and the willow tree just balances the composition, it doesn't need to be a point of focus. It's just an appropriate species of tree. Also interesting is that that later on Napoleans' body was exhumed and finally laid to rest in France with due acknowledgment. Acknowledgment after death seems another nice touch for the Coffin card - depending on how a person might read it.

Bee.

Moonbow

Definitely the second tree, and the few extra flowers in the grass is a nice balance.

Keep going Bee...

Bernice

Mountain (21)

Definitely the second tree, and the few extra flowers in the grass is a nice balance.

Keep going Bee...

I did wonder if anyone would notice the extra violets :).

Here's the Mountain.

Bee x

Attachments

• Mountain.jpg
    Mountain.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 90

tarot heart

:) It really isn't *exactly the same.
But as the coffin is the main import of the card and the willow tree just balances the composition, it doesn't need to be a point of focus. It's just an appropriate species of tree. Also interesting is that that later on Napoleans' body was exhumed and finally laid to rest in France with due acknowledgment. Acknowledgment after death seems another nice touch for the Coffin card - depending on how a person might read it.

Bee.

I love the way you think it out. I do like the second tree better. Acknowledgement after death...yes a very nice touch!

Tag_jorrit

Coffin. Nice art, you're the artist and it's your deck but... one doesn't read Lenormand cards' art but the walking coffin (I know, it's being carried) doesn't seem coffin like. When I think: Coffin, it's an end. Perhaps new beginning to something but to me a coffin doesn't imply movement. It's a full stop to movement. Of something. JMHO

Bernice

Coffin. Nice art, you're the artist and it's your deck but... one doesn't read Lenormand cards' art but the walking coffin (I know, it's being carried) doesn't seem coffin like. When I think: Coffin, it's an end. Perhaps new beginning to something but to me a coffin doesn't imply movement. It's a full stop to movement. Of something. JMHO

It's true that I prefer to not 'read the artwork', but I personally find that the artwork of scenic decks gives them an atmosphere, and as not all artwork is to my taste, I'm having a go myself with this deck.

Coffin Card:
In my experience a coffin being carried to a graveside is a very sobering moment of finality, whereas a coffin that lies in wait for the final rites and burial hasn't yet finished with the things of this world. For me, this doesn't have quite the same import. Be glad that you haven't experienced it.

Bee