Heart of Faerie Reading Exchanges....Wanna?

Ivy Rhiannon

Something just occurred to me.

I know in the first post I mentioned that I wouldn't be using the book, what I forgot to mention is that my focus for this is that we create our own meanings and that this is an intuitive circle.

Are people aware of this? Le Fanu, were you aware that we are doing an intuitive study?

I always read this way, unless i get stuck at which point I might look up the artist's interpretation of their art. However I usually find myself disagreeing more than agreeing with them.

Elendil

Okay. I'd like to take the plunge into the HoF world. I have both decks and have never really used either - although at the start of the year I had a go at the reading exchanges. My experience was 'so-so' at best.

Hope I am not too late to join this party to offer (another) male perspective...

Elendil

Le Fanu

Of course, everyone welcome. Welcome Lokisen and welcome Elendil. When Satori sees this she can add you to the list.

I knew that if we left it over the weekend we'd get more!!

we'll be posting a list soon pairing people up.

And - yes - Satori, I knew it was intuitive and I'm happy with that!

Satori

Partners have been posted at the top of the thread.

Le Fanu will be posting the spread here, and then people can go to Readings and open their threads.

Thank you for your excitement and interest. Can't wait to get into the reading room!

Le Fanu

OK, so we thought we would start with a 3-card spread. This can be one of your own if you have a favourite. Alternately, I have dug out my little Book of Spreads that I have built up over the years for inspiration and here are just a few of my favourites. I thought it might be more interesting to avoid simply "past, present + future" spreads. just to stretch us a bit more.

1 *** 2 *** 3

issue *** problem *** opportunities
decision *** for *** against
me now *** where I'm going *** how to get there
Situation *** what hinders *** what helps
Situation *** what blocks *** advice
Querent *** question *** answer
You *** "them" *** the outcome
The Querent *** The Issue *** how they interact

... and a different order of laying down the cards

2 *** 1 *** 3

Choice A *** Querent *** Choice B
a bad thing *** the Querent *** a good thing

Another alternative, and one I love when reading, is what I call my "snapshot" spreads, which is three cards laid out and to read them as a continual narrative of a given situation, i.e the three cards don't have positions as such but the cards can be related to one another in terms of rhythms, parallels, who is looking where, who is turning their back or pointing or swiping a sword, that kind of thing.

Happy Readings!

Lokisen

To add to Le Fanu's list of spreads, I have a couple of three-card variants that I found in a book called "Power Tarot: More than 100 spreads that give specific answers to your most important questions" by Trish Macgregor and Phyllis Vega. I use these spreads all the time, and they're quick, straightforward and quite insightful. BTW, the book is a great one if you can get your hands on it--a ton of very effective spreads in it.

Here they are, if anyone's interested: "what you get" spread:
1. what you have
2. what you need to know about it
3. what you get

"what's happening" spread:
1. the event
2. what you need to know about it
3. the event's ultimate effect on you

Onyx

Something just occurred to me.

I know in the first post I mentioned that I wouldn't be using the book, what I forgot to mention is that my focus for this is that we create our own meanings and that this is an intuitive circle.

Are people aware of this? Le Fanu, were you aware that we are doing an intuitive study?

I have kept the book as reference, mostly to the groups but the meanings have kinda just come to me as the art is so expressive and the organization is a bit ingenious.

Onyx.

hopena

I still haven't PM'd or posted the reading for oak woman, for last month's faerie circle (although I still planned to, despite the missing the deadline, since I explained everything privately), but when I've had some practice, and am sure that I can get a reading done in good time, then I might join. Thank you for the PM. :)