USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

Occultum Lapidem

I really like the Barbara Walker and will almost certainly grab one when it comes out. I was surprised to see that it only holds a 3.5 star rating. I wonder if that's because the artwork has a slightly 'dark' vibe (although, if anything, I would think that might improve a deck's rating - *cough* Deviant Moon *cough* ;)).

CharlotteK

I really like the Barbara Walker and will almost certainly grab one when it comes out. I was surprised to see that it only holds a 3.5 star rating. I wonder if that's because the artwork has a slightly 'dark' vibe (although, if anything, I would think that might improve a deck's rating - *cough* Deviant Moon *cough* ;)).
I love the Deviant Moon but find some the Barbara Walker cards far creepier. The nine of swords. Eek!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Occultum Lapidem

I love the Deviant Moon but find some the Barbara Walker cards far creepier. The nine of swords. Eek!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The BW is the sort of deck I can imagine being used as a prop in a 70s horror movie (despite originating in the 80s). I can picture a hooded figure slowly turning over the Ace of Pentacles as ominous music plays in the background... mwah ha ha ha!

I still think it's a cool deck though :)

Sar

Any deck reprinted is a blessing, tin or no tin. I assume they know what they're doing and they are doing decks where there is a considerable demand.

As one who has the original Wonderland and really wanted to read with it, I think it is an odd one to revive. It really isn't an easy deck to read with. Does anyone here have it as their go to deck? It's a nice curio and the art is very well done.

But - yeah- great that it is available again. Sun and Moon I don't have and never warmed to, but I assume by tinning it, they know it's one of their best sellers.

I wrote an e-mail and asked for it to return a year ago, I didn't hear from them, and forgot about it until someone here pointed me to this news.

starlightexp

That Sun and Moon is totally getting into my collection. I had the deck and it is one of only two or three decks over the years that I regret letting go and the tin is so cute I can't even stand it.

Laura Borealis

I was thinking of this too. Especially with the Barbara Walker, its borders look too wide. Borderless would be cool, but since they already upped the sample images in the page and they have borders, that would be a long shot.

I was dismayed by those wide white borders, too. So unnecessary! I don't demand it be absolutely borderless, but surely they could do narrow ones. As is, the art can barely be seen.

RubyTempest

I love tin decks! And I've been wanting the Wonderland deck so that's a score. Thank you to the OP for posting this!!!!
It's a shame the borders look so big on the other two.

HearthCricket

I took Winter of 2017 as somewhere between this January-March, so only a few months away. Hopefully that is what they are aiming for. :/

WolfSpirit

I think I will get the Wonderland. I always thought it looked like a fun deck but with a bite, and I'm curious to find out how it reads.
It's a good choice to make them available in a tin :)

IHeartRescues

The Barbara Walker Tarot. Bringing it back? In. a. tin. WHYYYY? (I love tins btw)

I emailed us games about another deck recently and I received the most ludicrous convoluted answer about a deck that IS in print. #vapingonthejob