The Quest Tarot - The Hierophant

Parzival

Quest Tarot -- Hierophant

Moonbow* said:
The colours of this card are mianly purple and blue - spiritual colours. The Hierophant himself is gold.

The building in the card has mountains behind and together reminds me very strongly of a large Cathedral with spires. The Hierophant appears huge and rises out of the building, he holds out his hands, palm down and hovering below each palm is a star and a crescent moon (his connection to heaven/the divine). His gold crown spirals up to the sky where another huge spiral is formed and in the middle is a cross and the yin/yang symbol. Three gold rings are linked together meaning the trinity.

At the bottom of the building are the two faces of his acolytes.

There is alot of symbolism in the card but the overall feeling that I get from it is 'religious establishment', tradition and convention.

Great description of this unusual, enigmatic Hierophant. I think this card tries to convey that the Hierophant can both channel cosmic forces of truth and bring traditional and fixed structure to society, that it could go more one way than the other or mix the two. So, a World Teacher starts out one with the Tao-Yin-Yang and bridges Heaven and Earth with his or her message/teaching. But the cathedral-like or temple-like structure rises, with authoritative hierophants commanding the Word, demanding the Creed be kept to. History of the world in this card ! And what kind of Hierophant are we ?

Parzival

Quest Hierophant

Looking at this after some time away, I wonder how much is traditional religion with its structures, and how much is energy/inspiration that bridges the Above and the Below. The way the Teacher and the architecture are fused is food for thought and intuition. (This deck continues to be aesthetic and energetic.)