The Efflorescent Tarot

desertrat

I received my deck today. SixDegrees is 100% correct about the cardstock (not that I doubted :p) For those people who care deeply about such things, this deck would not be a good choice. I don't think it would be possible to riffle shuffle these cards without causing damage. The artwork, however is even better than I had imagined. I ordered the colored version and am just delighted with it. I'm glad I made the purchase. :) Now to figure out a way to use them without harming them...

ETA: Ok...I tried this shuffling method presented by Lisa Frideborg and was quite successful. So now I am extra pleased. :D
http://www.tarotize.com/2012/01/how-to-shuffle-large-tarot-deck-video.html

Tarotwolf

I received both a color copy and b/w copy in the post today. Overall I think they are quite nice. If I had to choose just one to purchase, it would be the b/w version. It feels calmer and more artistic. Although I do think several cards are greatly improved with the addition of color. On the other hand, the coloring on some of the cards just ruins them (ie strength, the b/w version is actually one of my favorites!) And taking about hands! They're huge. The fingers are like long, pointy talons. I'm sure it has some type of meaning for the artist, but I think it's one of the more jarring aspects to this deck. The other artistic aspect which I don't particularly care for, are the uniformly sad or vacant expressions on practically every face. When I unpacked the decks I looked through the b/w deck first and the expressions didn't bother me all that much; however, when I opened the color deck I was hit full-on with the sad expressions. One big reason for it is that the coloring under the eyes is red! A lot of the characters also have their fingertips shaded red which gives them a sickly look. Don't let it keep you from buying the deck - it's just that the colored version has a more melancholy mood to it which I don't feel with the b/w. I'm glad I bought both versions. I think the artist should be proud of this deck and I would recommend purchasing it to anyone who is on the fence about it.

truelighth

Thanks Tarotwolf, for posting your opinion on both the colour and the b&w deck. I most definately go for the b&w now. I always do have a fondness of b&w anyway, so I was mostly drawn to that one anyway.

Winterchild

Colour/Corners etc

Got mine today.... sadly the box was squashed but I can make a bag :) The card is not as I thought it would be but I like that it isn't shiny...easily damaged yes.

I love the art, don't mind the melancholy, or the style of the big hands :) What I am not so keen on is how dark the printing seems to be in the colour. For example in the 6 of Pentacles I can hardly make out the pentacles/coins in the womans hand, as it is so dark.

Who has rounded their corners? Any pics?

Oh and can anyone explain the Death card to me? What are the bog black shadoes on the left... waves? wings? just shadows?????

I do like it though... love the art!! Wish I had a B&W deck too.

Has a study group started yet?

Winterchild

Rounded!

Just did my corners.... way better! It looks more like a Tarot Deck than a box of party invites and they feel much more durable now without those fragile points.... backs and fronts just look so much nicer.

daphne

Just did my corners.... way better! It looks more like a Tarot Deck than a box of party invites and they feel much more durable now without those fragile points.... backs and fronts just look so much nicer.

pictures? :)

desertrat

How long does this process take?

Kissa

I love that deck, both versions. And I am supposed to downsize, de-clutter, simplify and minimalize. Well thanks very much guys, this thread is helping for sure.

Plus I haven't been rounding corners in a while. I miss that.

I shall be strong. Maybe. For now.

Winterchild

Rounding Corners

How long does this process take?

This deck took me about 15 minutes maybe? I just have a simple little punch from a craft store... not too big, and the card in this deck is fairly easy to punch :) Will post pics soon Daphne!!