No-thingness for why someone stayed with someone....

AJ

If it's an old finished relationship perhaps the card is telling you the question is a moot point.

Or that they stayed together out of habit, nothing else to hold them. Humans hate change.

214red

i used this spread, the card from the forum http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=63937
---1-------5---
--3---------7--
----4-----8----
-------9-------

(2 crosses 1, and 6 crosses 5)

1-Past, what brought you two together.
2-Foundation, what was keeping you together.
3-Why you stayed with him.
4-Why he stayed with you.
5-Did he really love you.
6-Why you wanted to be with him/what attracted you to him.
7-Was he using you.
8-Dispite his flaws, was he good for you.
9-Why you split up/why things didnt work.

postion 4 was where the card no-thingness came up, hope this clarifies it a bit:) there was no 3rd party involved as far as she is aware.

214red

caridwen said:
I think he stayed because the relationship, for him, was a lesson he needed to learn. In order to understand himself he needed to bond with another. He needed to make a commitment, begin a fools' journey. I imagine his relationship with this woman was a way of avoiding commitment, he was stuck between the two as your querent was. He decided to take that leap and commit to one and in order to do that he had to let go of everything he had known before.

Does that make any sense?
i think this makes sense, not sure about him avoiding commitment to her as she thought he was committed to her.so i guess he commited to start another journey and perhaps try something new?

He wasn't new to relationships either (two marriages failed due to his cheating).

i guess the reason she wants closure is because she is not the usual person to suffer fools gladly, she feels a bit foolish about it and it cant understand it. i kind of wanted to try and get my head round the reading to be able to help her move on.

but i also dont want the cards to defeat me:)

214red

caridwen said:
That makes sense.

What I understand is, she was standing in a clearing.

She is at a doorway or gateway. In order to move forward she needed to let go of the past. In order to let go of the past she needed to understand what had gone before.

I think he stayed because the relationship, for him, was a lesson he needed to learn. In order to understand himself he needed to bond with another. He needed to make a commitment, begin a fools' journey. I imagine his relationship with this woman was a way of avoiding commitment, he was stuck between the two as your querent was. He decided to take that leap and commit to one and in order to do that he had to let go of everything he had known before.

Does that make any sense?
**edit** perhaps he stayed with her because he needed something different and he thought that he could change and she could be the catalyst to start his journey ....he thought it had more potential then it really did?

caridwen

I'm confused here!

This is what I understand happened.

Person A wants to know why Person B stayed with Person C.

Now you're saying there is no Person C.

There are only two people involved here - Person A and Person B?

Person A (the querent) wants to know why Person B (her partner) didn't leave her?:bugeyed:

I don't understand the point of the question! Did something happen that we aren't being made aware of here?

Even without the third party I think I have given sufficient information for you to work out the position meaning. If you dont' get it there isn't much else I can do without confusing you further.

I suggest you post the whole reading. Give your interpretation then review what others say in light of that.

Best of luck:)

lark

Why he stayed with her....because no-thingness is filled with possibilities.
So he stayed for a while to see if there was anything worth staying for.
Simple as that..
If he left he must not have found what he needed to fill him up...probably why he goes from woman to woman.

caridwen

214red said:
**edit** perhaps he stayed with her because he needed something different and he thought that he could change and she could be the catalyst to start his journey ....he thought it had more potential then it really did?

Sweet Lord of the Rings:p

Does this not help:

I dont' know how else to help *runs off wringing hands :(

caridwen

lark said:
Why he stayed with her....because no-thingness is filled with possibilities.
So he stayed for a while to see if there was anything worth staying for.
Simple as that..
If he left he must not have found what he needed to fill him up...probably why he goes from woman to woman.

lark!:laugh:

I don't think there are all these women! I think there's only one with very poor self esteem! Run for the hills while you still can;) :p

lark

LOL :D
I'm trying to be ZEN...this is good ground for practice....

She said he had 2 failed marriages so i guess he's had at least three woman...
I don't know...nothingness sounds like he just goes from one to another trying to be filled when the lack is really with himself...it can never be filled by another person.

anyway i'm done...the dogs need a bath.

214red

am really sorry i am being a pain, its a new deck and i am an analytical person and so it will bug me if i dont get it. i thank you all for your time and patience!!

I think he stayed because the relationship, for him, was a lesson he needed to learn. In order to understand himself he needed to bond with another. He needed to make a commitment, begin a fools' journey.I imagine his relationship with this woman was a way of avoiding commitment, he was stuck between the two as your querent was. He decided to take that leap and commit to one and in order to do that he had to let go of everything he had known before.

the part in bold i didnt get, it said at the start that he needed to bond (commit)with others to start his fools journey, but the highlighted part says about him avoiding commitment.

i can understand if you have given up on me already:)