Need help reading cards

EnchantedFairyForest

Is there a book about Osho Zen Tarot? I'm trying to understand the Tarot a little bit better cause understanding these cards kinda confuses me sometime. At first I thought these were Oracle cards and now I feel pretty silly thinking this. Books usually are very helpful to me whenever I own a certain deck. Believe each deck meanings are differently than others.

Thoughtful

l am a bit late coming to this thread, but yes there is an accompanying book to this deck. It did come as a book/deck set. l find this a very insightful deck to work with and l hope you will be able to find the book.

Formicida

There is also a separate book that doesn't come as part of the set. It's called "Tarot in the Spirit of Zen: the Game of Life." It has slightly longer commentaries on each card than the book that comes with the set does. It also has a table of correspondences to other decks in the back, and a set of small (maybe about 1x1.5 in.), punch-out Major Arcana. The book in the kit contains several spreads, though, and the separate book doesn't have any.

danieljuk

I just bought the deck! I had it as a digital app but wanted the deck. In person the cards are more tricky than the app somehow because the app has all the meanings and suggestions with each card.

I was reading some old threads on here and some people found it useful to compare this deck to tarot positions because each is an equivalent. It doesn't really go into this in the literature. you can see which card means what in regular tarot on the deck index here There is the standard Majors and 4 suits.

Also I am not knowledgeable about the idea of "zen" and the philosophy and I wonder if that helps with the cards. Reading the old forum threads a lot of people struggled with this deck but if you can get used to it and understand it, it's quite wonderful. I must use it more and figure it all out :)

Pam O

,This was the 1st deck I could "read" without constantly referring to a book. (I too had no real background in "Zen" either.) This is a deck that I can almost always get a good reading from by simply relaxing and seeing what catches my intuition....

What about just looking at the pictures and seeing what you see, seeing what you feel, etc?

BreathingSince72

Is there a book about Osho Zen Tarot? I'm trying to understand the Tarot a little bit better cause understanding these cards kinda confuses me sometime. At first I thought these were Oracle cards and now I feel pretty silly thinking this. Books usually are very helpful to me whenever I own a certain deck. Believe each deck meanings are differently than others.

Tarot in the Spirit of Zen is a good book. There is another, also available on Amazon, called Osho Zen Tarot Card Book. Both are available in kindle and, while I enjoy the writing transcribed from his talks, I like the style of the woman who wrote the Osho Zen Tarot Card Book. I think either of these could be helpful and would love to hear about your journey.

fyreflye

Also I am not knowledgeable about the idea of "zen" and the philosophy and I wonder if that helps with the cards. Reading the old forum threads a lot of people struggled with this deck but if you can get used to it and understand it, it's quite wonderful. I must use it more and figure it all out :)

The "Zen" is Osho's personal take on Zen and can be understood easily by consulting the books already mentioned here. Or just look at the cards.