OSHO Zen Study Group: II Inner Voice

Indigo Rose

"The inner Voice speaks not in words but in the wordless language of the heart. It is like an oracle who only speaks the truth. If it had a face, it would be like the face at the center of this card-alert, watchful, and able to accept both the dark and the light, symbolized by the two hands holding the crystal. The crystal itself represents the clarity that comes from transcending all dualities. The Inner Voice can also be playful, as it dives deep into the emotions and emerges again to soar towards the sky, like two dolphins dancing in the waters of life. It is connected to the cosmos, through the crescent-moon crown, and the earth, as represented by the green leaves on the figure's kimono."Osho Zen Tarot

I pulled this card recently for the Paradox Reading listed in the back of the book. It was my past life influence. The INNER VOICE...what a lovely replacement for The High Priestess. It feels like this is something we all have access to; if we will learn to listen to it. :)

:heart:

brenmck

I'm seeing that all four suits (saying '"elements" may be projecting traditional Tarot into it?) are represented in the Inner Voice.
All of our existence is processed here, where we watch the thinker.
The dolphins are a touch of genius - playful, but constantly dipping into the personal/collective unconscious and bringing all the phantoms to light.
They are playful - laughing off the ego-made duality between work and play?
Not to mention all the other dualities we create?
Soul-gazing can be joyful, playful? No guilty black robes or "sense of sin?"
I missed the two hands holding the crystal my first few times through
this deck - the accompanying book is important.
I'd like to have a full-size wall poster of this card.

~B~

Judith D

I see that 'inner voice' coming from the heart centre - compassionate and wise, and huge in comparison to the rest of the figure, but grounded in the world (she's sitting, looks like she's meditating, holds a grounding crystal in her hands and we can see the green leaves on the kimono). The hands show the duality of the world, as well as the all-encompassing power of compassion. The clear quartz crystal is pure, clear, like truth itself. I like the waves of energy above the figure's head - are these waves of energy coming in through the crown chakra to radiate out through the heart chakra as the energy of compassion, or is the heart accepting the energy of the world and transmuting it through the heart and then the crown chakra and into the universe. The dolphins are playful, in and out of the water, but also deeply spiritual beings themselves.
Brenmck's comment of 'we watch the thinker' made me stop (and think!) because I've always seen this card as inside of me looking out - me as the figure, sitting in meditation.
And Indigo Rose - you are so right in that we all have access to the inner voice if only we will learn to listen.
I see a lot of feminine spiritual energy here which does relate to the traditional High Priestess. So far the basic ideas of RWS are there, but morphed into something further in each card.

cSpaceDiva

The face at the center looks serene, but is very large in proportion to the rest of the figure. This is because in my experience, the inner voice can be very LOUD. Loud enough to keep me awake at night sometimes, especially when it is telling me I need to consider something from another point of view, up and down, black and white, material and spiritual. When seemingly opposing forces are integrated, the crescent moon extends and comes full circle, then expands into a new level to begin again.

squeakmo9

I love seeing the different phases of the moon in this card along with the beautiful dolphins. I sense a real quest for truth in this card. Meditating, reflection, prayer, all the ways of connecting to our own Spirit and then expressing it in compassion & peace. Really love this card!

paradoxx

I don't hav emuch to add excep the waves of blues above the figure seems to represent the expansivness of the open mind. The card speaks of balance and simplicity.

paradoxx

In comparison

The RW high Priestess represents the actual authority of a woman (or can anyway). She holds a scroll, she is flanked by pillars of black and white, she has the ocean behind her and wears the moon as a crown. But the Osho Zen High Priestess is different, she represents the inner voice of wisdom, she is flanked by two dolphins instead of pillars, the moons phases surround her, instead of written wisdom being held, she holds a crystal. the dual faces reveals her openess.

Master_Margarita

"If you have found your truth within yourself there is nothing more in this whole existence to find."

You know, this could be used to rationalize a lot of bad behavior. I've also heard it said, before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

I'm having a hard time separating out the message in this card from all the innuendo (and fact) I've heard about Osho/Rajneesh the man.

The LWB also notes that the crystal "represents the clarity that comes from transcending all dualities." I do get this card, and I think it ties in nicely with the RWS High Priestess, but I keep on having reservations about the uses to which this deck could be put. Why this deck would be more "dangerous" than any other deck in terms of justifying rationalization I don't know.

M~

Ryver

I see the dolphins as outer chatter either in the world around us or in our own minds and the woman's body as both a face and a moon to indicate silent timeless wisdom within. It has a peaceful yet still alert and knowing look which makes me feel like one is aware of what it happening around them (as well as within), has no need to block it out yet is still able to access this "inner voice" to come to what is truly right and not what they have rationalized with their mind which some people either mistakenly or dishonestly call their inner voice.