OSHO Zen Tarot Study Group: X Change

Indigo Rose

"The symbol in this card is an enourmous wheel representing time, fate, karma. Galaxies spin around this constantly moving circle, and the twelve signs of the zodiac appear on its circumference. Just inside the circumference are the eight trigrams of the I Ching, and even closer to the center are the four directions, each illuminated by the energy of lightning. The spinning triangle is at this moment pointed upward, toward the divine, and the Chinese symbol of yin and yang, male and female, creative and receptive, lies at the center."Osho Zen Tarot by Osho

:heart:

squeakmo9

If I had to guess, this wheel is a sort of vortex that everyone has to go through to get to their next destination/incarnation. It's just a matter of location, location, location, of that triangle(LOL)! So all of life's themes are Universal, and our connections to each other real. The wheel appears to be far more dynamic than the RWS version, and I love the Ying-Yang deal in the middle. The desire to achieve inner balance, whether you know it or not.

Judith D

This is a lovely, dynamic, fascinating card. It reminds me of the lotus flower - the different levels with differing numbers of petals, like the chakra wheels also. You have the bold central circle (1) with inside it the duality of the yin/yang (2) inside the triangle (3), then the 4 directions and the 8 i-ching trigrams, then the 12 signs of the zodiac. Outside all of that is the rapidly moving universe full of stars . Sort of covers all bases!
For me it emphasises that however huge the contrasts in individual fortune literally from day to day, there is always a quiet, solid, balanced centre to absolutely everything, whether we see it at the time or not. The cycle of samsara. So ... don't worry - be happy!
And also, of course, it shows strongly the inevitability of change.

Master_Margarita

This is a card that adheres fairly closely to the meaning of the RWS Wheel of Fortune, with a sort of Buddhist twist (the Wheel of Fortune spinning us through multiple lifetimes, not just one, but otherwise pretty similar).

I think it really is more about reincarnation than karma, which are two distinct concepts, but that's a minor quibble and I can't claim to understand karma completely anyway!

Sanctum_Priest

"Life repeats itself mindlessly -- unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel....Once you see the pattern, you can get out of it."