OshoZen; Fire, Traveling 8 of Wands

Briar Rose

OshoZen; Fire, Traveling 8 of Wands

A beautiful mountian range, and your on a journey.

After achiving success, and learning all about that stress monkey, be ready for anything. The world is your Osyter.

This card tells me to stop and smell the roses. It's not all the planning, it was the relationships and the learning I made along the way.

Alan Ross

This card tells me that I'm perfectly fine where I am in my life; there is no special place I have to be, no special destination to reach. I'm in the perfect place to embark on the next grand adventure and to continue personal growth. For me, this is a wonderfully reassuring message.

I have naysayers in my head that constantly whisper to me that I'm a failure because of everything I don't have and everything I've failed to achieve. I would love to silence those voices and experience "just dancing and being in pilgrimage, moving joyously, without bothering about any destination."

Briar Rose

A good book for that is, Eckard Tolle's, "The Power of Now." I used to think that way, still do at times, but it is way less since I read that book, and took notes on it. My Buddhist friend said I wasn't suppose to take notes, just read it, but they worked for me.

squeakmo9

Alan Ross said:
I have naysayers in my head that constantly whisper to me that I'm a failure because of everything I don't have and everything I've failed to achieve. I would love to silence those voices and experience "just dancing and being in pilgrimage, moving joyously, without bothering about any destination."

I felt like this for many, many years. For me, I'd make the mistake of comparing myself to my friends, my peers, always feeling I have lagged behind, always.
Now, I find that I have been blessed in so many different ways...ways inwhich do not fall regularly in line with what society believes to be "success".
I am now at peace with the idea that I will never be like the rest, I will have to walk my own path.
When I look at the 8 of Fire, I feel the vastness of the Universe, and a deep connection, knowing I have all that I need at this time. The journey is/has been wonderous, and I know that as I make my way, I will find others to share this path.

Alan Ross

HeavensVault said:
A good book for that is, Eckard Tolle's, "The Power of Now." I used to think that way, still do at times, but it is way less since I read that book, and took notes on it. My Buddhist friend said I wasn't suppose to take notes, just read it, but they worked for me.
I've read the book. It's an excellent book and very helpful, but living it is a challenge. Unfortunately, my naysayers won't be easily vanquished. They've been with me a very long time. I feel like there is a battle going on in my soul, with a devil on one shoulder whispering messages of failure and inadequacy, and an angel on the other shoulder, whispering messages of self-acceptance and loving-kindness. It's a battle that I'm confident can be won, but it will take patience.

"I get many letters from 'the worst person in the world.' Sometimes this worst person is getting older and feels he has wasted his life. Sometimes she is a suicidal teenager reaching out for help. The people who give themselves such a hard time come in all ages, shapes, and colors. The thing they have in common is that they have no loving-kindness for themselves."
--Pema Chodron, "When Things Fall Apart"

Judith D

Life itself is the journey - there is no destination. It is rather good to think that you do not have to get somewhere - you are always already there, exactly where you are supposed to be at that moment. The landscape is misty, mystical. We see a part of the path wending its way right on the top of the mountains, in the sunshine, but I suppose we just cannot see the dark bits, shaded and not sunny at all.
The book discusses that this card is about movement and change, either physical or inner, but it does not feel physical to me, but rather that this journey is everlasting, and that every moment of our lives we are on a different part of it. The fact that we cannot ever see the whole path, both in front and behind us, indicates that our journey is not cast in stone, unchangeable. There could be many twists, turns, and crossroads for us to negotiate as we choose. And we all have our own individual path to walk.

armonia

oshozen 8 of fire: traveling

In contrast to the previous card, (Seven of Fire: Stress) the message is very clear to me, and a lot easier to understand. Rather than being stressed and needing change, and demanding an opportunity to grow or relax, this card is presenting just that - traveling - be it in your physical or mental state - it's liberating, and adventurous! Sure, traveling can be stressful too, but it's a good kind of stress, and one where you are making the decisions as necessary. I really like this card as a contrast to the previous one. The traveler is so minute because it's not about the traveler, it's about the trip, the journey, the path both physical and metaphysical. I have done a lot of traveling, and hope to do more. I have never been anywhere where there wasn't some sort of change in thought after the journey. From Colombia to Kuwiat, I have always "experienced" the journey - not unlike the feelings expressed in the 3 of Fire: Experiencing.

Briar Rose

Armonia, that's interesting. Something tells me your in the military? God bless you! I liked your post. :thumbsup:

Adjustment

Travel

This card speak to me about going on a journey either physical, piritual or in life direction. Travel for me is releated to movement and action, the journey of life. Once i did a reading asking for guidance on what to do about an stagnant situation that i was affraid to leave, this card was telling me to initiate movement, to take charge of the situation and face the challenge to move forward with my life, perhaps was time to experience new things so ican grow, learn and develop as a person, life needs to go on. Some journeys are difficult but necesary. It was up to me to take the long journey or to remain stuck. Somewhere i read the following wich gave me the courage to leave the stagnant situation i was in. "Refusal to take the journey indicates a loss of what could have been a great reward, while acceptance can mean great benefits will be received after a hard time of travel".

firecatpickles

I am going through these old threads in the order that the cards are in my deck, adding my impressions.

Traveling, uncertainty, balance.

I too have done quite a bit traveling & it is always precarious & uncertain, isn't it? The figure in the card slowly ascends the mountain road. Imagining myself in the card, I wouldn't be able to see anything for the mist (smoke?) except for what lay directly ahead & the sun shining through the clouds.

On the road to the unknown in life --and nothing is for certain, not for any of us-- we all are equal, just plodding along. Sometimes there are clearings in the trees so we can more clearly see our way, sometimes there is fog. But in the end, none of us really know where we are going.

Gone is the feeling of urgency, of 'swiftness,' when life is approached in this more balance way, with the understanding that one's indecision is a virtue.