OshoZen 3 of Clouds (swords)

Briar Rose

OshoZen 3 of clouds (swords) :T3S
Ice-Olation

This card shows a person,frozen in ice, with tears rolling down the face.

This cards tells me to stop the whinning ( and am I good at that!) and it's not all about me.

Funny how being this way puts you in isolation.

squeakmo9

Sometimes those things that we think protect us can hurt us, and cause a "separation" mentality.
I think crying can be very healing, and it's interesting how you can see the colors as they roll off the frozen face on this card. There is a warmth in recognizing and surrendering to emotions.
I have the ability to be my own best friend and my own worst enemy, and when I see this card, this comes to mind. I like the way this card depicts a "get-free-card"...to begin the melting process, invite the emotions, to balance off the purely "rational" mind.

Alan Ross

My experience has been that when you erect walls to protect the ego, you're more likely to seal pain in than keep it out. When you can tear the walls down and free yourself to connect with others, you will find that others experience the same pain, and the pain transforms into compassion.

I find it immensely helpful to be with a friend who will listen non-judgmentally (not someone who will try to "fix" you) and who will share with you, someone who will hug you and who will be loving and supportive when your tears start to flow.There is a saying that "suffering shared is suffering halved, joy shared is joy doubled."

There is a beautiful Tibetan meditation practice called Tonglen. In this practice, the meditator breathes in the suffering of all other beings, feeling the suffering, absorbing the pain. The meditator then exhales, imagining that with the out-breath flows peace and happiness to all beings. This is the meditative equivalent of being with someone who is in pain, taking on their pain, and giving them comfort. It is a wonderful practice for opening the heart. For more on this, try this link:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/4/story_425_1.html

Judith D

Being sorry for oneself has to be one of the most isolating experiences possible. Yes, Alan, Tonglen is a wonderful practice and one of my favourites (along with the metta meditations) and it really brings home the fact that others feel pain too, that we are not alone in our feelings, we have no need to brick ourselves up in a wall, sealed off and separate, frozen in time and space while we 'enjoy' our suffering and keep it from happening again. To allow the tears to flow, the mind to open, the heart to open, melts the inner ice and makes us available to others again, to love and be loved.
Very similar to the RWS famous three of swords - the heart pierced by three swords.
However, threes represent growth and the healing tears certainly show that growth is possible, and now is the time to begin it.
This also reminds me of Caroline Myss' explanation of 'woundology', where a person keeps their wound so close and so important that it regulates their life because they cannot let go.

Grizabella

This reminds me of AA principles, as does so much of Buddhist philosophy. Getting rid of "self" is very important in AA.

When I got sober, I learned not to be ashamed to cry. I've always been embarrassed by my tears for some reason. I'm a real fountain because I'm touched deeply not only by pain, but also by beauty. It's like pain is too painful and beauty is too beautiful for me. I wear a roll of toilet paper around my neck. :p I cry not only for the sad things but for parades to honor servicemen, Christmas pageants for little kids, weddings, speeches, graduations, music recitals----you name it. I'd have liked to be a midwife, but I cry when babies are born, too. Who wants a sobbing midwife? :rolleyes: Well, I don't sob, but I'm certainly deeply touched by births.

Now I've learned that if tears roll, let'em roll. If people look at me funny, let'em look. :D Maybe they'll learn something.

Judith D

Ah, Lyric, glad to hear someone else is such a watering pot too! I have been known to cry for dead dustbinbags in the street (they look like dead animals from a distance, especially when you are short sighted, then you feel such a twit when you get close). Even adverts to it for me! And I cry when I get angry, which is horrid and annoying. In reiki work, sometimes when I work with someone I cry their tears - it feels so odd not to have the emotion, although I recognise it, and to stand there with them with tears rolling down my face, telling them these are the tears they keep bottled up and cannot cry. That's actually amazing. Then I feel the Ice-Olation of this card is broken by me for another, which is a real privilege.

Master_Margarita

The beautiful rainbow tears melt the gray ice of the mind.

This is a very anti-mind card, and I find myself getting almost defensive about the poor old mind, who is being picked on. Whoa! Another interesting delusion of mine uncovered.

May the suffering of all beings be transformed into wisdom and compassion.

kayless

squeakmo9 said:
Sometimes those things that we think protect us can hurt us, and cause a "separation" mentality.
I think crying can be very healing, and it's interesting how you can see the colors as they roll off the frozen face on this card. There is a warmth in recognizing and surrendering to emotions.
I have the ability to be my own best friend and my own worst enemy, and when I see this card, this comes to mind. I like the way this card depicts a "get-free-card"...to begin the melting process, invite the emotions, to balance off the purely "rational" mind.

I totally love the way you interpret this card..
I understand the meaning of it really. But when it shows up in a reading, I find it hard, again, to relate it with all the other cards.

When I look at Ice-Olation, I see this person crying. And this person is stuck in ice. To me, that person used to be cold. This person used to be extremely realistic, rational. This person didn't want to let any place to emotions, good or bad. That person was being guarded. Not only towards others but towards himself/herself. That person was lying to himself/herself. Didn't want to feel his emotions.

And to me, the tears is acceptance. The person is just giving up on protecting himself/herself so much. This person is starting to face reality. This person starts to be open about his/her real feelings. That person is crying because that person is accepting that she loves, that she's scared, that she's sad, etc. She's accepting her/his feelings.

So when it shows up in a reading, it is really positive to me. It means that the person is just allowing himself/herself to feel emotions that he had been trying to block all along, consciously or unconsciously. That person is surrendering to his emotions.