The Life Direction Spread

Elven

This spread is designed to give answers related to moving out of a long-term rut.

It is specifically when the questioner is in a space of needing long term clarity and motivation about their future and situation from a very broad perspective. Its relates to Discovering the Life's Purpose, How to get on that Path, the Action to take to do whats necessary to achieve the goal (The Life Purpose) ... and what can be expected from the results - The Reward.

This spread is useful for when the seeker has lost direction due to circumstances which have held the seeker in suspension for long periods of time. Such as ... long term unemployment, long term healing or health issues, long term care of others or in service of others, long term isolation ....
It is useful when the seeker is ready to make a move forward but has lost their personal sense of self direction.

I recommend a deck the seeker feels a strong and trusting connection with.
My personal choice is the Thoth.

1) Top Line indicates Question
2) Bottom line indicates a significant factor to consider related to the card above it.

Method of reading:
1) Read the top card first -
2) followed by the illumination of the bottom card.

SPREAD
*******1***2***3***4****
B(10)******************E(9)
*******5***6***7***8****

Card 1: My True Purpose
Card 2: What am I supposed to be doing now
Card 3: What is the best course of action to take now
Card 4: Self Discovery - What will be my area of discovery

Card 5, 6, 7, 8 = advise for each card above.

Card 9: E - Effort = Reward
Card 10: Base Card - (the base card is the card at the bottom of the deck) the basic reason for seekers initial inquiry.

Hope this helps shine a light in a dark place.
Blessings Elven x

edit: Printable expanded version in attachment below.

Attachments

• LIFE DIRECTION SPREAD.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,620

Little Hare

This looks fabulous and write up my ally, i'm going to copy this one down... will let you know how it goes.... Elven i could kiss you!

Elven

Hi peace_pixie :)
I have just worked extensively doing and interpreting this spread for myself today, and it has given some very clear answers - which were in line with my intuitive feelings but my external perceptions were sending me off the rails with feelings such as 'running out of time' .. 'what to do now' .. 'having a long term goal' ... 'being a purposeful and useful Soul' ..' fulfilling my own expectations to find personal peace'.

Let me know how it goes peace_pixie :D

Blessings Elven x

Little Hare

Hi Elven,

Just to confirm.. the base card... Is that the card that is the last card at the bottom of the deck? once you have stopped shuffling?

Elven

Yep :D

Its the bottom card after you have prepared the deck and the top cards are out and displayed. It can be placed last after laying the top cards.
Ive added an expanded tect doc in the first post at the bottom as an attachment - and added a bit of meaning to the placements.

Blessings Elven x

Summersweet

Wow I love this spread Elven. Thank you for sharing, I'm going to try it out :)

kmartin60

I tried your spread! it was awesome even though it left me with same amount of indecision if not more! ROFL...I posted the reading in the personal readings thread...but it hit it all on the button! Awesome spread! Brightest Blessings, Kim

Charmy

This spread is actually exactly what I've been looking for :) I can't wait to sit down and try it out tomorrow when I have some more time. I'll give a full feedback. Thanks very much for sharing it Elven :)

Be blessed,
Charmy.

Elnor

I've put this one in my journal- only wish I'd seen it sooner, because I did two readings earlier today and this would have been a perfect spread!

Thanks for sharing this, Elven-

elnor

Elven

kmartin60 said:
I tried your spread! it was awesome even though it left me with same amount of indecision if not more! ROFL...I posted the reading in the personal readings thread...but it hit it all on the button! Awesome spread! Brightest Blessings, Kim

Kim, I have posted feedback to your reading in your thread ;) :p

Thanks everyone for the comments - if you can print the spread out from the attached doc, theres a little more info on the spread in there.

Blessings Elven