The Quest Tarot study group

sunflowr

I'd really love to see a Quest Tarot study group, to help myself and others learn these cards and discuss them with other users. How can we set this up or do we just begin discussing them here??

sunflowr

Quest Tarot Study Group....

I guess this is how one is started... by listing a table of contents, of sorts. I dont know much about this or what "order" to discuss things. Pretty much should be an open forum to discuss whatever is on people's minds about the deck. But roughly, it would go like this:

Major Arcana
(discussing all the majors, from Fool to beyond.....)

The Court Cards

The Minors
(wands, cups, swords, stones)

The Associations
(discussion of all the associations with gemstones, I-Ching, Runes, etc..)

The deck as "Quija Board"
(discussion of the Yes and No features, and letters to spell out words)

Spreads
(discussion of different spreads to use with the deck)

Anyone interested? :) I am just learning but just thinking this would be a great way to learn.. by having a study group!

JosephMartin

Great Addition to the Aeclectic Board

What a great idea!

I have posted some responses to general questions in other areas but also look forward to discussing more about the details of the deck here.

yours in the cards,
Joseph

JosephMartin

The Blank Card

In the Quest Tarot there is one "Blank" card. This card contains the basic border, nameplate, etc. but no symbols or image.

I originally designed this card to be used as a card that you could customize in one of two ways. The first way would be to create a card to represent yourself in the deck. You would use any medium you liked... paints, pencil, ink, airbrush, stickers, charms... and this card would be "you". It would have your energy and would be a way for you to tie directly into the deck.

The second way to use this card is to create your own personal addition to the Tarot. You see, I beleve that the Tarot is an "evolving" medium and is not static. With this card you can add a new archtype or dimension to the deck.

The last way I have been using this card, and this is a totally unexpected surprise, is as a "blank" card in the reading. Wow! You won't believe the ways in which this card has manifested itself into a reading. I read with the blank card in this way at the Pantheacon Conference and in private readings and the message it added to the readings was amazing.

The Blank Card came up, if perfect ways, to represent an unformed future, a past that was unfocused, a blank slate to create your own destiny and more. In relation to the question asked it became part of the deck and a dramatic part of the answer from the cards.

This "new" way to use this card is not in the book because I didn't anticipate the intriguing way in which it incorporated itself into the answer given.

I would love to hear from people who have tried using this card as a natural part of their reading and how they interpret the message from this card.

yours in the cards,
Joseph

sunflowr

thoughts on blank card..

Hi! Great having you here! :) I hope that folks from the Quest discussion areas will see my announcement and come over here! :)

From the minute I saw the blank card, I knew I would use it as that, to use with the deck as one would use the 25th (blank) rune. It's the card of mystery, that which is unknown, or a surprise.

Have yet to recieve it in a reading, tho. When I used to use runes, I got that blank rune all the time. So, at some point, I am sure that blank card will appear. :) I use Angel Cards.. little cards with one word printed on them and a drawing of an Angel in the action describing that word. They too have a blank card (2, actually!).. and I love when I get it because it means you get to make a wish. :) So, when I do get the Quest wild card, I might do that too!

magpie9

blank card

I've been reading with a blank card in my decks for years now, to represent the unknowable &/or unformed. Kind of a
"That Information Is Not Available At This Time" blip. I picked up the idea from my deck of Runecards (OOO, blank card...too cool) and have found it particulary useful with people who just won't be ok with what the deck is willing to give them. Eventually it will give them that card, and they will chill their jets.

I'm really glad that Joseph put that in his deck.. I don't have to use an endcard with this deck (lol).

I too am finding the Quest really really clear and accurate.

I think someone needs to start a discussion about a particular thing? Is that how it works?
Sunflower, did you do that, or did Joseph do that? I'm game either way, and don't mean to be toe stepping....
:)

sunflowr

Re: blank card

magpie9 said:

I think someone needs to start a discussion about a particular thing? Is that how it works?
Sunflower, did you do that, or did Joseph do that? I'm game either way, and don't mean to be toe stepping....
:)

Well, I started the study group but I'm not sure how to do it.. or maybe I did it already. ;) lol! From what I understand of it, one starts a group by making a post describing the purpose of a study group and a table of contents. That's what I did. If anyone knows more about starting a study group and wants to apply it to Quest tarot and if I havent done this right, please step in. :) I just want there to be a study group for this deck and I thought "well, if there isnt one, I'll create one". :)

sunflowr

enlightenment!

this is from "how to create a study group"....

>>>Have a new idea for a study group? Anyone can start one.

To begin, write a post with an outline and table of contents describing what you want to cover in your group, and in what sequence.

If your group is successful and reaches ten threads and a hundred posts, it will be moved to its own forum Previous study groups have become major forums - Tarot Deck Creation and Runes are examples.<<<

Ok.. well, so far so good.. I believe I have done what one is supposed to. So.. now we start threads for different areas of the group, I think. Depending on what we are discussing. Or maybe we're supposed to go in order of the table of contents. But I dont believe in order and structure. ;p I am very anti-Emperor, even tho Emperor is my personality card.. Fool being my soul card. Emperors and Fools dont mix.. or do they?? Discuss Discuss! ;)

Seriously tho.. I think that, for now anyway, maybe lets just discuss whatever is on your mind about the cards and make a thread about it. So, for instance, you want to discuss a major card, start a thread on it and start the discussion.. and we'll go from there. :)

scheherazade

Just to tell you - I'm jealous of all of you who already have their decks. :( I'm still waiting for mine to come through the mail.

BC Hockey Mom

new to quest also!

I too, like scheherazade, am new to Quest and have been researching these cards since I found them on the net!....I have started a psychic development course and had to get a deck and these ones jumped out at me while looking for the perfect deck! I was happy to see that others love them as much as I do and am really excited to have the author of the cards on this site as well! That is so exciting.

I have not received my cards yet either and am impatiently awaiting their arrival! I'm glad that this study group was started and am hoping to learn alot and share alot here!

Thanks
Joe-Anne