$100 - what deck or decks would you buy

sapienza

thorhammer said:
It's not that bad . . . the exchange rate right now makes it about $55 to buy on eBay, and postage is another . . . $15 or so? The Soprafino, that is :)

\m/ Kat

OK, so that means I'd have money to spare. Perhaps I could also get myself the Grand Etteilla :)

Too bad I don't have $100 to spare.....I'd better go visit the de-enabling thread!

shadowdancer

well if I hadn't got it already would go for the Fractal Firebird.

It is soooo against the grain of what I want from a deck but it seems to resonate. The images feel just right for the vibe of the card they represent.

Otherwise nothing out there at the moment in that range I am hankering after.

Davina

photokat

Lillie said:
I'd get the cruel things tarot and spend the rest on drugs and prostitutes.

Haha !

LotusSong

I honestly don't know how much either version is going for, but although I don't have any idea if I could get the Playstation.com limited edition of the Majors-Only Persona 3 Tarot, I'm pretty sure I could get the Frontier Works trading card version of it for less than a hundred bucks.

If I could find a copy for sale, that is.

If I couldn't, I'd spend $40 of it on a copy of the Shakespearian Tarot I found. It's been OOP for quite a while, so getting my hands on it would be nice. I'd also shell out $30 for the Lunatic, and use my left over money for the Cruel Thing Tarot ('cause I can't recall the euros to dollars equivalent for it off the top of my head).

Niclas

I would just try and hope to get a Bohemian Gothic for the money. Seriously. Very much so.

100 will not get you the silver, but with some luck maybe the regular.

firefrost

Chronata's All Hallows.

I've got her Tarot Noir on order, but I can't afford the 78 card Hallows deck yet.

I'd try and get her Masquerade, too.

Rosanne

100 bucks US?
that's about 136/37 New Zealand Dollars...so
(it was better before America crashed the property market)
sooooo.....
Sola Busca $40
Terrestial Tarot $40
Future Cast Tarot Dice $60.

But really I would spend it all on 78 handmade glass beads and make a Tarot Rosary...
Maybe.
~Rosanne

Le Fanu

Niclas said:
I would just try and hope to get a Bohemian Gothic for the money. Seriously. Very much so.

100 will not get you the silver, but with some luck maybe the regular.
You could get yourself a cheap plane ticket to Madrid and buy it for 45 euros in the Museu del Tarot.

I think Id get the 1st edition Tarot of Prague. I think there is one on amazon uk for 90-something pounds (how's the exchange rate right now??)
Or one of those 80-90 euros LoS Collector's Editions of the Tarot of the Master.

Astraea Aurora

I'd get one of the new Lo Scarabeo decks scheduled for 2010 (Dark Angel or Ludy Lescott), Chronata's All Hallows and the Cruel Thing.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

jackdaw*

Hmmm ...

I'd get Le Veritable Tarot de Marseille by Hadar, Chronata's Tarot Noir, and the Dame Fortune's Wheel. That would add up to about $100 before shipping.

Tomorrow this list may change.