"Dragon Tarot" any one else a Fan?

FenestraThought

I tried to search to see if there was a thread on this an I couldn't find one (or i did it wrong, still new to this)

Any way. I Love this Deck !
It was my first deck that my sister bought for me and I'm glad I have it.

I enjoyed the fact there were no naked people in them (in the bible belt, they tend to throw people and I was still in high schoole at the time too).

They are really interesting, some of the cards are very close the the RW system, and some very different.

I spilled oils on them a few years ago, so I retired that deck to a nice carved box. but I will be getting aother deck soon, because I really Missed them.

If there are any other Fan out there I would love to hear your perspective on them :)

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, FenestraThought!

There are a number of dragon-themed decks, many of which have the word dragon in their title - Dragon-themed decks. Which one are you asking about?

Rodney

FenestraThought

cardlady22 said:
Are you referring to the one by Pracownik?
Yep, thats the one. Sorry, I get tunnel visions when it comes to my cards
cardlady22 said:
Some of us have trimmed ours- the copy I have was "saved" by cutting off the white borders.
Um....WOW. Thats different! I don't know if I could have done that to my first deck, but I think I will try it with my next one.

My question though is; Do they maintain their integration? and by that I mean, by cutting them, do they stand up to wear ?

Its a VERY interesting Idea. I like it . Who thought of that any way ?

FenestraThought

rwcarter said:
There are a number of dragon-themed decks, many of which have the word dragon in their title -
Yeah, but There is only One for Me ! the one by Peter Pracownik !

I love thise Deck, it was my first Deck, and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Morwenna

Now you have me thinking I ought to try working with mine again. I haven't had it out in ages. Thanks for the reminder!

FenestraThought

cardlady22 said:
The lamination on US Games decks seems to hold up very well when trimmed.

THANK YOU for that thread. I looked at some of the pictures and it Does seem to only improve them !

When I get a new deck, I will deff. get them trimmed !

They Are a dark deck, and I like that about them, I just never really thought of what they would be "with out" the border...

FenestraThought

Morwenna said:
Now you have me thinking I ought to try working with mine again. I haven't had it out in ages. Thanks for the reminder!

No problem. So, have you trimmed You's as well ?

The only thing that kinda sucks is that the book is great for the Majors but we only get one sentence for the minors ....

cardlady22

Do you see in the bibliography where they mention Terry Donaldson's two books? Maybe they figure he has already written it?

Step-By-Step Tarot
Principles of Tarot

(both are available "used" at Amazon for cheap!)
That's how I pick up most of my books.