The Transparent Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

Aw, thank'ee kindly sweetie! xx

Startarot

I want to make sure that I am on a/the list of those who want to purchase this deck. Please Em add me on ... your work is AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT!!!!

devilkitten1

Wow, what a lovely concept. Wonderful idea, bravo! If they can make them heavy like the transparent poker decks i"ve seen they'll be nice and durable too. And having them layered makes it even better.

Netzach

devilkitten1 said:
Wow, what a lovely concept. Wonderful idea, bravo! If they can make them heavy like the transparent poker decks i"ve seen they'll be nice and durable too. And having them layered makes it even better.

There are transparent poker decks? Doesn't that mean that everyone knows what everyone else has got?

truelighth

jackdaw* said:
That's incredible! I'm sure somebody here can correct me if I'm wrong (Jeannette? Morwenna? truelighth?), but I daresay that something like this hasn't been done before. I thought it sounded weird, but the visuals of the combined cards are great!

I haven't seen anything like this before. It is wonderful, Em! You can put me on the pre-order list already too :D }). And I am already looking forward to your Middle Earth Tarot as well :)

hennafairy

yes yes add me to the list!

LOVELY!!!

Little Hare

oh i yes i forgot to add! please add me to this list. I would love a deck :D

Sidhe-Ra

Netzach said:
There are transparent poker decks? Doesn't that mean that everyone knows what everyone else has got?

What an odd concept! :)

Thank you all so much for the encouragement and lovely comments! I shall have to make sure I produce enough decks for everyone. I'm keeping an eye out for all the equippment I need. I've got the first four cards all laminated and cardy and have been having fun messing around with just those! If anyone is good at maths, how many possible combinations of cards, including reversals will there be in the 78 card deck? So far I'm working it out at around 194,688...and that's not including if you flip the image sideways, which is also possible with transparent tarot!

Blessings,

Em xx

Voron

Sidhe-Ra said:
If anyone is good at maths, how many possible combinations of cards, including reversals will there be in the 78 card deck? So far I'm working it out at around 194,688...and that's not including if you flip the image sideways, which is also possible with transparent tarot!

How many maximum cards per combination?

If you use two cards only, including reversals, you have
Sum(4*(78-x)) as x goes from 1 to 78
(each two-card set = 4 possible orientations: UU, UD, DU, & DD)
or 4*(Sum(1 to 77))
or 4*3003 = 12012 possibilities for two cards.

It gets crazier with 3 cards...

It's something like 8*(Sum(Sum(1 to x))) as x runs from 1 to 76.
i.e.:
8 times the following:
1+2+3+4+5...+74+75+76
plus
1+2+3+4+5...+74+75
plus
1+2+3+4...+73+74
plus
plus
1+2+3+4
plus
1+2+3
plus
1+2
plus

this is also equal to: 8 times the following:
(77*38 + 76*37.5 + 75*37 + 74*36.5 + 73*36 + ...+ 3*2 + 2*1.5 + 1*1)
further computation is left up to the student...

Gaussian arithmetic progressions...

Can anyone come up with a generalized formula for the # of possible combinations for any number of cards?

Sidhe-Ra

Lovely, Voron, thank you!

(Is that a 747? It's too far over my head for me to see...) :)

Em xx