Grimoire on 10-RWS

Emeraldgirl

The top 2 figures don't look as though they are reading. They look like they are pretending to work but are off daydreaming instead. They aren't even looking at the pages.

wizzle

Poor eagle

I don't blame the eagle for not working. Look how close that sword the sphinx is holding comes to his face.

The guys at the top were assigned the Vedic records and they aren't all that interested. The guys at the bottom got Harry Potter. And the snake is trying to look over the bull's shoulder.

Little Baron

lark said:
They were all being naughty so the World Dancer gave them a story book to look at so they would be quiet and good while Pixie painted their picture.

Sorry to interupt, but this quote made me laugh so much ... you are right, Lark; they are incredibly still.

LB

Emeraldgirl

wizzle said:
I don't blame the eagle for not working. Look how close that sword the sphinx is holding comes to his face.

Agreed :D

Maybe the top of the card is like sitting in the back of a classromm easier to stuff around cause no one can see what you're doing but the guys at the bottom know they are being watched so they have to work harder.

lark

LittleBuddha said:
Sorry to interupt, but this quote made me laugh so much ... you are right, Lark; they are incredibly still.

LB

Sorry :D
I was being naughty...})

stella01904

MM ~ It seems I remember Joseph Campbell talking about the picture of Black Elk at the World Navel, surrounded by the Lakota Spirits of the Four Directions, and calling them "Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John". The card shows the four fixed signs of the zodiac (the eagle being the higher emanation of Scorpio) corresponding to the four elements, and roughly to the solstices and equinoxes. What Frank Hall said, about the supra-physical reality manifesting in four quarters of material existence would apply. You have your apostles and Archangels at the four quarters, I have my Elemental Rulers and Watchers...so the books are beyond cultural inflections like "grimoire" and "gospel". BB, Stella

ArcanoMáximo

For all of you the figure with human form features an Angel? For me he has always been a man, simple and current but risen at this time by those “wings” of the knowledge (cause otherwise we should also consider angels the other animals!), which not consents in this case for the common experience but for the concentration in the study, the effort in the use of the intellect, represented in the sword that sustains the sphinx, the only thing that differentiates us highly of the animals, although in some point for more evolved we were, even we continue being it, what points out the sphinx. Not in vain their sword leads to the eagle, the airrest animal if it fits. However there is something to stand out: one thing is to learn selfishly for oneself and another thing is to share the knowledge, to discuss him, etc. The two superior beings are those that share ideas for instance, in Aeclectic Forum, those of below they only read them! They don't take a risk of opinions!or don’t share nothing! But to share is a way to evolve! And about evolution ,and in my personal, humble opinion, in this card is described in synthesis the whole Darwin's Theory of the Evolution and the recent discoveries about that what seemingly would have caused the development of the human brain was the necessity of primitive man of to walk erected (can you see the splendid legs of the wolfy creature?). Undoubtedly we come from the spineless descriptos for the snake that can be compared also to a sperm, and the wheel with an ovum!!! Or even to an atom or cell!!! I am for sure that anyone who built the Tarot knew about what Darwin named the “Theory of the Evolution” and that migth include the Golden Dawn Society!.But for more evolved than we were we continue being imperfect and should learn, until we ascend at the superior level and we are already owners of the knowledge that describes The World, where the sphinx is transmuted (the color violet - in the cloth- is associated it in some doctrines with the “transmutation”) in the androgynous one whose genitals are hide (ok. Sorry but the sex makes us more similar to the animals, ooops!)) and not so the “tits” (just only for necesity?). The “terrestrial” part of the animals are not longer shown, only their heads (high minds?) and they no longer need to learn studying, they know through the direct experience (to the one that the being here gives weelcome with her open arms)...But all this is a lot and sure you being bored. Of course i don’t say all this in a querent's reading! Might be the last one...! })

ArcanoMáximo

Hey,this card may be related with the Theory of the Relativity too, or not? After all the wheel also resembles an energy vortex, hmmm...

stella01904

ArcanoMáximo said:
However there is something to stand out: one thing is to learn selfishly for oneself and another thing is to share the knowledge, to discuss him, etc. The two superior beings are those that share ideas for instance, in Aeclectic Forum, those of below they only read them! They don't take a risk of opinions!or don’t share nothing! But to share is a way to evolve!
MM ~ Excellent! I never would have spotted the lurkers on this card! lol. You are truly thinking outside the box. (I am starting to hear that expression on television: "Think outside the box"...if it becomes mainstream, will my little mental oasis become crowded? Will I have to go further afield to get some elbow room? ;) ) BB, Stella

ArcanoMáximo

Stella,
"Think outside the box"...
what a graphic image!!!
It happens me many times too, i hear a good expression and then start to repeat it like a parrot! LoL!
Thanks by the way!!!