Intensive Deck Study Reboot!

OctoberGwen

aurarcana said:
OctoberGwen :love:, I'll PM you on Tuesday. I'd love to work on the 21 Ways steps with you. In tandem with my BG of course ;).

Let's talk. I have a Silver coming soon, you know...hmmmmmmm...

fairybugg

zan_chan said:
Isn't the Vision Quest Thoth-inspired anyway? Who needs the RWS? Forget it ever existed and just run with what you see on the cards :)
You are so right... I can do this... I think that I am just comfortable with the RWS and I need to just ignore that and go with this new uncomfortable deck...
Thanks for the light kick in the butt... :)

stefficus

i'm actually doing quite well with the reading and studying, despite my ambivalence about the book/creator. i'm doing much less well at actually recording any of it. what's up with that? i'm concerned it won't "stick" if i dont' write it down and a month from now i'll come across the 5 of swords in this deck and have to get into it all over again. :laugh:

Nerys

Just a quick post in order to distract myself from a fleeting desire to have a little chat with my Morgan's Tarot... I'm so in the mood for its quirky wordiness and conversational rhythm.

In other news, I finished step 13 of the 21 Ways last night, so I'm a little more than halfway done. I'm finding there's a self-help sort of aspect to the exercises which I didn't expect and which is not especially useful to me, so I sort of skip over those parts. Otherwise it's going well, although I kind of feel like I've reached a point where I've gotten all or most of what I can from the card and so all of the recent exercises have had such samey results. Honestly, the fairytale one (step 3? 4?) was the one that helped the most in terms of solidifying my concept of the card. I also really liked the one where you take a card and interpret it differently according to different querents and scenarios set out in the book. That's very interesting and I might make up some scenarios of my own.

But anyway, this is an IDS thread and not a 21 Ways one. In the plans for today is my first examination of a whole suit including the majors which are colour-coded to it. I think I'll start with Cups, I have a hard time with those. I'll post my results later!

BlueDragonfly

I'm setting myself up for a glorious New Year's day full of new decks to fondle! :laugh:

yeah, I bought a couple decks in the trading forum, but I won't do anything but check for complete decks and they'll join my other 2 new decks(with all the others).

It's been a rough few days, and I didn't do much of anything with my DruidCraft, but I'm feeling better, and things are kind of settling down for now, so it's back to IDSing! I've missed it!

Nerys

Glad to hear things are better for you, BlueDragonfly!

OctoberGwen

I'm still doing daily draws and recording them in my journal (haven't posted them in Readings for several days, though.)

I'm not doing much else, I have to admit. I'm not sure if it's me or the VR...I love this deck to pieces and love reading with it, but still haven't found a study angle that makes me want to immerse myself in it.

Maybe I'm just a deck-commitment phobe. :rolleyes:

OctoberGwen

Sorry, guys, I'm dropping out. I received my BG Silver yesterday and I can't leave it alone. :D

I will send zan a PM to let him know. Good luck to you all and enjoy your studies!

Gwen

BlueDragonfly

OctoberGwen said:
Sorry, guys, I'm dropping out. I received my BG Silver yesterday and I can't leave it alone. :D

I will send zan a PM to let him know. Good luck to you all and enjoy your studies!

Gwen
Enjoy your new BG Silver, Gwen!

Stop by and root us on! :)

OctoberGwen

How is everybody doing? This thread has gone very quiet! I hope you are all continuing to enjoy your studies.