Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

autumn star

Le Fanu said:
Ana herself has said that she will do everything she can to make sure this deck is always in print.

That's good to hear - I hope that she can :)

Bernice

Oh! you found them Flaxen!

These are bookmarked on my wishlist. Very appealing arn't they?

Bee :)

Flaxen

They are lovely - very expressive!

I'm hoping to start an oracle readings thread with them when they arrive. Be interesting to see how they work in the flesh.

I was grabbed by the title on the title on the 9 of clubs- 'Kriegsunternehmer' - someone who is involved in a war - could stand for all sort of quarrelsome situations.:)

cardlady22

The keywords I use for the 9:club: are Challenge communication.
The system Iain McLaren-Owen uses to define the cards assigns it as Pluto + Earth; a Queen pattern.
Fixed
semisextile- growth (needs balance)
inconjunct- adjustment (difficult if too rigid)
square- challenge (blocks continuity)

Fits quite nicely, imho. :grin:

ETA: I corrected the planet symbol. A couple of the other authors assign the 9 to Mars and/or Pluto. Depending on which numerology I've been playing with at the time, I mix up.

Bernice

cardlady22, has Iain McLaren-Owen written a book? If he has could you let me know the title?

cardlady22

He's written many! The specific one I'm referring to here is called Aspects $6

"A study examining the Numbers & Suits of the Playing Cards with their Planetary & Zodiacal correspondences. These internal patterns and functions are then correlated to the Astrological method known as Aspects, the various but specific divisions of the circle between any two planetary symbols or zodiacal signs. These aspects give us a type of energy or mode of operation concealed within each specific card as interpreted by the Astro-Cards System. Also included is a delineational reading for each card, related to the rulerships & aspect patterns found through using this technique."

See his contact info attached & current list. He can take Paypal.
(self-published)

Stories From the Cards by Sharon Saunders is another one I highly recommend. She has each card as a live person going through something that needs to be resolved. Great way to get a feel for them.

The rest really do depend on what background knowledge you come from and which area of the cards you would be most interested in pursuing.

Attachments

• A-C PriceList.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 308

cardlady22

This isn't an actual deck (that I know of) but if you can get a hold of the OOP book Edith L. Randall's Your Place in the Cards by Donalie Fitzgerald, there were b&w line drawing illustrations.

Softcover, ISBN 0672524015
Hardcover, ISBN 0840213190

I use InterLibraryLoan wherever possible. ;)

Moonbow

I've recently been looking for playing card books, they seem to be few and those that are around are expensive. Thanks for the information cardlady22.

Edited to add... you're right, they are either OOP or expensive.

Bernice

Cardlady22, I put this in search engine:- Aspects by Iain McLaren-Owen. Nothing came up. Shame he doesn't have a website.

Thank you for the pdf, I see he's in the U.S :(. I don't do paypal :(.

The thing about what you said, is that I have a half-developed method using aspects...... (I have a number of half-developed systems), so someone elses' approach would be interesting.