The Playing Card Oracles: Study Group Anyone?

moon

Anyone still interested? I pulled out my vintage deck this week and it really is lovely.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

lark

mods delete please

lark

More like a "practise cards" group might be the way to go. Card meanings are straight forward not the spreads themselves although I think I'm starting to get it a bit more...just wish she put in better examples of her readings plus pics or diagrams.
She has You Tube Videos with card meanings and spreads demonstrated...very good ones so take a look it will answer a lot of questions.

kalliope

I still really like this deck and read with it sometimes. As for the study group, I'd be more interested in discussing each other's readings than focusing on the card meanings themselves. Like Bernice, I really like the geomantic approach to the spreads. I'm somewhat comfortable reading the Witnesses and Judge in readings, but could definitely use practice analyzing how the positions and elements effect particular cards, and how the cards play off each other.

So if someone wanted to start a thread where we posted readings and then everyone could pipe in with their perspectives and suggestions, I'd join in!

(And please excuse my typos - I'm on my tablet. I think I just found them all...)

DownUnderNZer

She has You Tube Videos with card meanings and spreads demonstrated...very good ones so take a look it will answer a lot of questions.

Thanks! :)

I actually joined her website and forum ONLY there is nothing in there really. :(

Will try YouTube next... :thumbsup:

DownUnderNZer

Did look at YouTube and good to see how spreads should be laid out and using ones intuition. However, some vids have been removed, and it would have been good to see some actual readings rather than demoing the cards or doing something about "intuition" only not to go with it anywhere really.

Did like how to look at the cards even before the reading and the fact that you don't have to read all 4 cards in a 4 card spread only what seems relevant. But would have been more beneficial on seeing a reading on most asked questions.

To me it has potential and allure, but still not quite straight forward.

lark

Did look at YouTube and good to see how spreads should be laid out and using ones intuition. However, some vids have been removed, and it would have been good to see some actual readings rather than demoing the cards or doing something about "intuition" only not to go with it anywhere really.

Did like how to look at the cards even before the reading and the fact that you don't have to read all 4 cards in a 4 card spread only what seems relevant. But would have been more beneficial on seeing a reading on most asked questions.

To me it has potential and allure, but still not quite straight forward.

I just checked and I didn't see that any had been removed?
Like the George Clooney reading gives a good example of using a spread.
And her BP oil spill reading.
I usually use the bridge spread or just four cards.
And it is a looser system as far a reading goes, but more formal when getting into the dates and times and geomancy.

DownUnderNZer

I just checked and I didn't see that any had been removed?
Like the George Clooney reading gives a good example of using a spread.
And her BP oil spill reading.
I usually use the bridge spread or just four cards.
And it is a looser system as far a reading goes, but more formal when getting into the dates and times and geomancy.

Will look at those readings as haven't done that yet as have been doing them bit by bit. The 3 removed ones I stumbled across today when I opened up to REVEAL MORE. Have watched what I thought relevant, so about 10 of them. eg 52 Calendar/ 4 Element Oracle/ How to Build your Intuition 1, 2 and 3.

Yet to look at those two.

Thanks...

MareSaturni

Anyone still interested? I pulled out my vintage deck this week and it really is lovely.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

The Playing Card Oracles have been my main divination deck since 2007, when I started learning it. I know Ana Cortez and get in touch with her once in a while... the forum is a bit dead, but the deck is very much alive! :)

If anyone decided to start a new study group or exchange readings, I'd love to join!

I really love the PCO, it's my one true deck! If anyone has any questions, I can offer to help, although I do not claim to be a master or anything. I'm just a really devoted student.