Hermit as how someone feels about you

EmpressRenee

Thank you everyone for your interpretations on this ~ this card came up as part of a larger reading and I was not too sure about how to interpret the Hermit which fell in the "how he feels about her" position. Some have requested to see the full reading and I am going to post the reading in the "Your Readings" forum and later provide a link to it here.

Here is the link to the larger reading:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1224692#post1224692

Would appreciate any thoughts on the larger reading in light of the various views that have been put forward here.

Kindest regards

Empress

Crystelle

Came up in my reading

Hi this came up in a spread I am doing in this exact position. I have rather (I think) unique combination however in that how he sees me in a relationship is reversed knight of pentacles with Hermit as being the how he feels about me.

I read through all the comments contained in the thread and I see maybe the "he wants you to leave him alone" but the reversed knight is really throwing me. Stubborn and willful with a lack of focus on work doesn't sound like me and I am sure there is more meaning if I could sess out the Hermit/knight relationship.

As a note, I have been very much leaving him alone but he "did a drive by" so to speak (we work together) the other day. I made it clear I did not want to engage and he did not attempt to. Given a generally auspicious card for outcome in the spread I am confused by this combo and was wondering if anyone had any ideas around what it might be trying to point to?

Confused :/

Midsummereve

I agree with your first paragraph, but not the second or third - or at least, not in full. It's possible (both historically and psychologically) to be a hermit just for a period of one's life. It need not be a life-long thing. While the person is a hermit, they might not have romance on their minds - they will be searching something else, and they need to be alone; but it can also be that they feel alone - possibly because someone they love is absent, or because they don't love the one they are with. That doesn't mean they will never return to active social life (including romance). I've turned up the Hermit several times in my life during times of crisis and aloneness - times when I needed to be alone and find a new direction for myself. But I've not stayed in my cave forever ;)

As for the Hanged Man, I see him as someone who is either stuck and not going anywhere, or is trying to look at things from a different perspective.

Hermit as for how someone feels about a girl? In addition to the other interpretation ideas you've received, Empress Renée, maybe they feel lonely when she's not there? Or when she's there? The other cards will give you an indication.

I realize that this is a really old post, but I was reading through the posts on the Forum pertaining to the Hermit. I pulled 2 cards: first the Hermit and then a second card as a clarifier: The 2 of cups (the summary card being Justice). The Hermit and the 2 of Cups are opposites, one speaking of aloneness and introspection and the other of partnership and connection with the world. How would the Hermit be interpreted in this case? I notice that the Hermit faces towards the past, the people in the 2 of Cups face each other, so could I conclude from that some time alone was needed by the man who is now ready to face the beginning of some sort of a relationship? Would that be how to read these 2 opposite cards? Thank you very much in advance for your insight/s!

Rainydaze

It could be that the hermit feels alone in the relationship, or is withdrawing, crawling inside himself.

HeatherRose

In regards to the question, how he feels about her...I see The Hermit as he feels that she is wise, she lights up his path and leads him out of his loneliness or solitude.

Morrigaine

He wants to be left alone. That resonated with me in my situation, and would be the feeling I would attach to it still.

Elevatormusic

The hermit is a person who is overburdened, so they withdraw. I've seen it come up for gamblers or people with other addictions. They find embarrassing so they isolate where it's 'safe' or quite literally had to become a hermit because they don't have the money to do another else.

mary_leo

Hi, I didn't read all the messages but in my opinion, depending on the surrounding cards, he is not sure of how he feels and needs to deeply think about it to come to a conclusion.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

IndigoWaves

The Hermit seems to appear quite often in readings about a secret crush or unrequited love... Showing a person who's completely removed from/'above' the situation by not noticing the querent at all (despite any starry-eyed insistence of a "connection"), or one who's just disinterested in the querent and focused on other things. In either case, there are no "feelings" to speak of.

Catrenna

I get the feeling that this person feels shunned away by the other, maybe left alone in the darkness to find their own way. The rx hermit would be them looking within and disconnecting from others. If i think about it in a non romantic way. The hermit may suggest the person feels that the other is on a journey of self discovery. That they are out in the world making their way.