The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

DaughterOfDanu

Awesome. So where do we go to post our findings? Will there be a thread per card or a thread per suit? Who will post the thread that we're to report to?

And yes, my new sidekick is officially the BG.

BelovedK

I don't mind posting the thread. I'll get to it later today. The Ace of Wands. I'll also post Justice (though I've only gotten to the Ace so far. Look for this by the end of the afternoon.

I am so excited to have others to help me get deeper into this deck.

strings of life

^ Great, and I'll post in it today (maybe both, not sure).

I'm excited too! I will stay commited * repeats to self *.

TreeLeafe said:
Awesome. So where do we go to post our findings? Will there be a thread per card or a thread per suit? Who will post the thread that we're to report to?
Anyone can start the thread, just make sure to title it "Bohemian Gothic 2nd ed. - card or remaining thread title" and PM Sulis so that she can add it to the 2nd ed. index. If you want to create threads for any cards and not follow our "study" order, do what works for you. No rules. This study is for anyone :).

My deck is in my bag and will be with me at all times so that I can write down (type out) my thoughts on my train rides home. Hooray for great use of a 1 1/2 hour commute ;).

BelovedK

I should make the entries in the last thread Sulis started? and I know to PM her when I do :)

strings of life

BelovedK said:
I should make the entries in the last thread Sulis started? and I know to PM her when I do :)
No, create a new thread and PM her the thread title and link. Then, she wil add it to the index thread (the index thread just lists the threads in it). If you view the 1st. ed. index, you can see how these study groups work :).

This is my first one as well.

strings of life

The guidelines are quite helpful and explain everything clearly too :).

BelovedK

I just posted an Ace of Wands thread. I have a hard time with cards that have no human figures, but I posted what little I di get. Please go add to it :) I should now go look it up in the book :)

DaughterOfDanu

I think that someone can benifit greatly from joining a study group for this deck. When I looked at the cards first I sat there and thought "Woah..." There's just so much to this deck and I feel lost trying to read the cards without actually analyzing them.

strings of life

BelovedK said:
I just posted an Ace of Wands thread. I have a hard time with cards that have no human figures, but I posted what little I did get. Please go add to it :)
I used to have issues with cards that I thought seemed bare in symbolism or imagery and journaling about them helped tremendously. I also used Free Association - look at the card, focus and completely take it in. Then, put it face down and write down everything that comes to mind: keywords, scenes or images that you saw, sounds, smells, anything. It's often interesting what comes up.

BelovedK said:
I should now go look it up in the book :)
You know, I sold my book * wipes away tears *. I went through a period where I wanted nothing to do with the deck due to bad experience involving buyers regret after overspending on a Silver edition, which resulted in me selling it and it going astray internationally according to the buyer. Thankfully PayPal took pity on me and didn't hold me accountable, but I then sold by standard 1st edition and book when I swore that I'd never want anything to do with it again. I always loved the artwork, and here I am now.

Does anyone want to lend me their book? I can mail it back to you within a week * still sobbing *? I don't have the nerve to post another ISO for it :laugh:.

TreeLeafe said:
I think that someone can benifit greatly from joining a study group for this deck. When I looked at the cards first I sat there and thought "Woah..." There's just so much to this deck and I feel lost trying to read the cards without actually analyzing them.
Agreed. I'll post my thoughts later tonight. I read the Ace of Wands and love how we are all seeing different things in the imagery.