Where can I get a detailed custom birthchart book?

OnOrionsBelt

I don't want one, but

birth chart +astrology +book +personalised got me good hits.

There is another on etsy now....

ETA if you want to print Benebell's, you can set your printer to scale to fit whatever paper you use...

Can you provide a link to the one you are referring to on Etsy?

gregory

I don't think this is the one you saw before ?

Minderwiz

I am reluctant to comment on the quality of the book I ordered since I never received it! I cannot say.

I'd love to hear from someone who has received such a book. That would be greatly useful.

Yes, that would help to establish what the product actually is and allow you to decide whether it's a worthwhile purchase. It would also help those who might now be thinking of following your lead. But ideally you need to know that many purchasers have been satisfied, rather than being left in your position

danieljuk

There is cheaper versions of the chart books than Benebell's out there but if I ever am in money would get one of hers :)

other cheaper versions....

Susan Miller's Astrologyzone here - I bought one of these years ago and it is useful for my astrology learning. It's not as cute or big as Benebell's but it has all the essentials about your chart. I bought the real book version because at the time that was all on offer, you can now get an ebook version as well with no shipping costs.

astro.com has many different bound / ebook chart interpretations. They have a psychological analysis which is quite expensive and large, something about your personality and your transits for the year. They don't do one book of everything though but they are good reports. I have bought the transits one in the past but not the psychological analysis. There is examples of all their reports to see here

OnOrionsBelt

I don't think this is the one you saw before ?

Ahh yes I saw this one yesterday. The 5 day wait time seems so short. I got the impression the info will not be substantial.

The amount of money is not a large hesitation for me. I'm willing to pay $$$ for exactly what I want. Plus I'm looking for that feeling of peace when I hit the "submit payment" button that something amazing and personalized will be arriving at my door.

OnOrionsBelt

There is cheaper versions of the chart books than Benebell's out there but if I ever am in money would get one of hers :)

other cheaper versions....

Susan Miller's Astrologyzone here - I bought one of these years ago and it is useful for my astrology learning. It's not as cute or big as Benebell's but it has all the essentials about your chart. I bought the real book version because at the time that was all on offer, you can now get an ebook version as well with no shipping costs.

astro.com has many different bound / ebook chart interpretations. They have a psychological analysis which is quite expensive and large, something about your personality and your transits for the year. They don't do one book of everything though but they are good reports. I have bought the transits one in the past but not the psychological analysis. There is examples of all their reports to see here

Oh I do enjoy Susan Miller! I didn't know she offered books. I may just go with her. Love her horoscopes and she's wildly wordy which is a bonus in my opinion.

I use Astro.com but never paid for anything. The psychological analysis is done manually or generated?

Minderwiz

I took a look at Benbell Wen's offering. There's certainly a lot of information provided. The charts are Solar Fire produced, I use the same chart style for my posts here. That makes me suspect that much of the text originates from Solar Fire reports (these can be both edited to the Astrologer's style and also sent to a word processor).

The content list is almost, everything plus the kitchen sink. It draws on Esoteric Astrology, Dark Moons, includes some Hellenistic Astrology (Zodiacal Releasing from Fortune and the Hermetic Lots); past life Astrology and more.

My concern though is that this isn't a coherent approach. It's taking juicy bits from various approaches which are separated by 2000 years and do not form an integrated whole, for example Hellenistic Astrologers had no conception of past lives and a very different idea of the seven rays from that given here.

Whether that is explained or not I don't know from what is said. There's also some numerology, which isn't anything to do with Astrology ( though as a past student, I have to say it might well be useful).

Much depends on how she relates all this material but the price is very steep for what is probably an assembly line product. There may still be much of interest though, providing you recognise the limitations of the process and that you could get a personal consultation with a good Astrologer for the same money and have change left over.

I'm also concerned that she doesn't understand the Lot of Spirit, as the sample from her contents page has guardian angels listed under that heading!!

gregory

Minderwiz knows far more than I do abotu what you might be getting, of course. I did find a site where you get a massive leatherbound book that takes a while to produce for $900, if that would float your boat....

Minderwiz

Minderwiz knows far more than I do abotu what you might be getting, of course. I did find a site where you get a massive leatherbound book that takes a while to produce for $900, if that would float your boat....

Well it's not always clear, to put it mildly, what you are getting. At least Benbell Wen has some material on her site about some of those topics and I'm taking a closer look.

As for the leather bound book... the mind boggles LOL