past live spreads

EveAnna

I know what you mean also. I was eager to try this spread but something inside is holding me back. I think I may leave it for a while until I feel really ready :)

GeminiLady

I would really like to learn more about this- I kind of have a feeling that I am repeating a mistake that I should have learned by now.

I have a book I've been wanting to get to about how to uncover past lives. It looks like it will be interesting, but I still have a couple of things to do before I can really get to it.

Has anyone heard of a specific deck to help you with past lives?

Love and Light,
Gem

joya250

GeminiWoman,

I feel the same way ... like I'm repeating a cycle that I should be well-aware of by now.... maybe it's something to do with being a Gemini???

I would love to know the name of that book you are talking about. I am curious of past lives, and have tried to meditate of them, but always come up blank. Maybe I'm not supposed to know... or maybe I really don't want to know. Anyway, think I'll wait a while before trying this spread.

Would love to hear how well this spread works for everyone else though!

joya250

oops, sorry - GeminiLADY!

GeminiLady

Hi Joya,
The book I have is "How To Uncover Your Past Lives" by Ted Andrews." I do see quite a bit on self meditation, I have to admit that-- myself-- I do better with a guided tape (if I can stay awake!) It does look interesting though, and there are other sections about karma/birth/death/even dowsing!.. etc...

While I didn't try the spread listed above, I got out my Power Tarot book and tried the one for past lives tonight. There seemed to be a lot of similarities between my current life and my "previous" life...So I am not sure if I worded my question right, or if I just screwed up enough last time around to just have a "do over" :)

Good luck!

Love and Light,
Gem

purplelady

I have had some experience with seeing a past life.The last one I can think of was a meditation from (I think!) one of the Sylvia Browne's books, cannot remember which one at the moment. I just read the meditation,relaxed and didn't really Expect anything(I really believe that is a problum or blockage for a lot of people, having expectations). I have heard , for instance, that if you have pain in a certain part of your body,and there's no medical explaination , then that Could be from a past life injury. It can be a sort-of "ah-ha" or perhaps healing experience. If you need proof then I guess that's a problum. For who can really Prove a past life vision is "real", or is it just imagination? I'm still uncertain how to relate that to a tarot reading however? Especially starting from ground zero. Perhaps if your past life question was specific,or if you had already uncovered a past life to ask about or explore with tarot????

queenmil

Has anyone done this? I wanted to know more about it. Thanks

satine

Maan said:
I have found a past live spread a couple of months ago but i'm still haven't used it.
I feel that i have to use it with a very special question. I'm saving it for that special question.

So what are your experiences with pas live spreads?
Do they really get to you?

Maan

I love past-life spreads, Maan. There are some people that you just know you have known before, and I think it can be very helpful in ways that are applicable to this life, to explore the connections, dynamics, events of past lives you shared with a significant other person. That person may be an obvious person like a spouse or someone you barely know but for some reason don't like or trust at all...that sort of thing. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to go ahead and break out that spread and begin exploring the past patterns and cycles that continue in your life today. It can be seriously enlightening! :)

Dolphin_Dreamer

Looking for Past lives spreads was the reason I joined this forum... There a lot in the Tarot Spreads index and there have been a few recently made... or go in the search and search the words Past lives (or even google in aeclectic) there are lots that are archived I think also

KyrieSummer I think I've seen a spread like you posted but I think I like yours better hehe

satine

purplelady said:
For who can really Prove a past life vision is "real", or is it just imagination? I'm still uncertain how to relate that to a tarot reading however? Especially starting from ground zero.

I relate an exploration of past lives to tarot reading, because both pursuits require a certain degree of trust in one's own intuition and insight. It really isn't about "proving" anything; the more you read and learn about past lives, the better you trust what you have known all along-- in regard to your own multiple lives incarnate. At least that is how it has worked out for me. I understand what you are saying about "starting at ground zero," because you would be hesitant to ask a question that is based on an assumption of a past life that may or may not have existed. I think you could ask some general questions about your most relevant past life (relevant to your current life, that is), and more specific questions could follow from there. I've had a lot of success with asking very simple questions that give me a lot of insight. For instance, "What was left unresolved from a past life that I must try to resolve in this life?"

The tarot communicates in metaphor, and so too do our past-life memories, at least in my opinion. Maya Angelou (among others, I'm sure) once said that sometimes the facts can obscure the truth. You don't need to know all the facts of your past lives; in fact, these could end up clouding the issue. Here is an example: Let's say that you have the strong sense that you were in an abusive relationship in a past life and that you still carry some of the scars from that life into this present life. You could explore this theme without having to ever know the specifics of that past life; the facts really don't matter that much within the grand scheme of things. Exploring your joys, challenges, fears, connections with others, and so forth, within a context of past lives can be healing-- and that, to me, is the point. :)