Tarot Deck Creators: Ever noticed . . .

webmuse

. . . how when you are working on a deck you seem to live the energy of the card you are working on at the moment?? Today I designed the 4 of Wands and went to a wedding, tomorrow will be the 5 of wands (hopefully), but I have to go argue with a labor union and a company's HR on behalf of a friend and her job.

It isn't just these cards. It's been most the others, too. Blow-up during the 3 of Swords, multitude of choices during the Seven of Cups, found out a friend was pregnant during the Empress. . .

Okay, probably just coincidence. But still . . . I'm glad the swords are over with. And I can guarantee you, I'll be feeling EXHAUSTED by the 10 of Wands.

.traveller.

Actually, it works the reverse for me. I draw the card that matches what is going on in my life at the moment. Love the deck you are working on BTW :)

Sidhe-Ra

I certainly get very involved emotionally in the energies, but not enough happens in my life to reflect them physically to that degree. How fascinating!

I, too, was very relieved to finish the Dreamers/Swords- love, love, love the Stings!

Blessings,

Em x

Dean

webmuse said:
. . . how when you are working on a deck you seem to live the energy of the card you are working on at the moment??

Yes i have found this to be true, i'm currently working on my own deck and i have been living through the moment of my cards energy. Yesterday i was completing my five of wands card and something had happend with my day, nothing was going right a burst pipe in my kitchen that coursed me alot of strife with the plumber who didn't know what he was doing and then to top it off an 8 hour power cut,:( Tomorrow i will be starting on my Ten of Coins, maybe i will win on the lottery this wednesday night.:D

Alta

When I was reading Greer's book 'Tarot Reversals', she comments that she lived every card reversed while she was working on that book. That she had a horrendous year while she was in process because of all the negative energies and listed several direct correlations of events.

I read too that on another artist's website (forget whose, sorry) that she had this effect so strongly that she did the Ten of Swords as quickly as she possibly good. Did all the prep work gradually and then did the whole card in one day to get through it. :)

webmuse

Thank you all for responding. I don't feel crazy now.

I don't fear the ten of swords because most of my experiences with it have been depressive and I feel like I am in control of my mental life in that way at the moment. Plus, the worse has already happened to me and I'm in a period of limbo/rebirth now. I think I've gotten through the limbo part, but I'm still waking up to a new world of opportunity.

And don't worry, it wasn't physically horrible. But for my personality type it was about the worse that can happen short of being attacked and tortured or going through some horrible debilitating illness.

So, today I woke up and hurried through the 5 of wands because I'm like "if this is really happening then I want the 6 of wands on my side today". Then I drove to help "arbitrate" for my friend with her union who was going to drop her case. And . . .

They apologized, realized it was a mistake, are going to continue arbitrating for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She'll have 4 lawyers working on the case!!!!!!

So yes!! 6 of wands indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Thanks Sidhe. I'm keeping my eyes on the Makers which are gorgeous and radiant and just plain extravagantly rich in symbolism and meaning!

mythos

.traveller. said:
Actually, it works the reverse for me. I draw the card that matches what is going on in my life at the moment. Love the deck you are working on BTW :)

I have the same experience. Mind you, I am only working on the majors so I can't comment on the more situational energies apparent in the minors. I am painting the High Priestess currently and feeling very silent (well ... for me :bugeyed::laugh:)

Oh ... and I find the symbolism in any given painting tends to reflect what I am reading at the time during which I am creating it. No wonder my deck is such a hotch-potch of symbolism. In fact, I am seriously considering calling it the Tarot of the Neophyte - as a reflection/acknowledgement of this - my neophytic state.

Some beg for music too.

mythos:)

blackroseivy

I tend to go rather quickly along making mine, ONCE I get going, that is!! ;) So, I didn't really notice any "coinkidinks" such as you mention - there may even have been, & I just didn't register what was happening! :p I will definitely be more aware from now on of things that might be going on!

mythos

I'm painting the High Priestess/Papesse at the moment ... and apart from the fact that the title of a song 'Building a Mystery' runs through my mind ... I realise that silence has been something that I have been living ... and I have been more receptive and less active mentally than usual. Do I pick the card and experience this as a result of working on the card, or does the card pick me and what I need at a given point in time?

If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago whether I would be doing the High Priestess next, I would have given a resounding 'no!' .... and yet, as I placed a new canvas on my easel, she came into my mind and I was drawing her. There seems to be a synchronous relationship but how it functions ... well I just don't know! Building a mystery indeed!

.traveller.

mythos said:
... I realise that silence has been something that I have been living ... and I have been more receptive and less active mentally than usual. Do I pick the card and experience this as a result of working on the card, or does the card pick me and what I need at a given point in time?

Very astute observation and one that I should consider as well. Especially with a posse of cups demanding that I stop working on swords NOW and begin drawing cups.