Shuffling

Alta

I generally shuffle and then let the person cut. I tell them to make as many piles as they like and then pick one. I do have one friend who always shuffles but I trust her with my cards, and I trust her 'energy' (meaning I trust her) so that is fine with me. Generally I prefer to shuffle the cards.

Interesting thoughts about cutting. I have always cut, I guess I thought you were supposed to cut. lately I have felt myself strongly inclined to just deal off the top when I finish shuffling. Dunno where that comes from!

As someone else commented, if I waited until my hands felt tingly to pick a pile, I would never get any readings done. It has just never happened for me. :(

Tarot Tina

Hi I prefer to ask the client to shuffle the cards and either think of something or ask a question while they are shuffling. I don't think it really matters, just what works for you!

MeeWah

Since most of my readings for others done without their physical presence, I am accustomed to doing all the shuffling, cutting, so on.

For an in-person reading session, I find it best for me to shuffle the cards & then ask the client to cut the deck however they feel. Then hand me the stack chosen.

Depending on the spread used--such as a 3-Card, I also ask that the required number of stacks be made.

Edited to add: I prefer to shuffle until the deck feels 'tight'. Or my hands heat up or other physiological effects occur. They usually stay warm & as they cool off, a signal session done.

SuzanneMoon

I used to hate people shuffling my cards but i became more relaxed with it all and then it did not bother me as much as it used to. I like them to sit and hold the deck for about 2-3 minutes before i take them back off them :)

Persephone37

Well I let shuffle who shuffles best and thats mostly not me. lol
I have a shuffling issue, I am really really bad in it. My cards don't mind who shuffled as long the questioner pulls the cards and asks himself his/her question.

Regards
Petra

greycats

I have a shuffle-deal routine I do soon after a reading, before I put the deck away or do the next reading. It takes about 5 minutes. To me this is like re-booting a computer.

When the next querent arrives, I allow him/her to handle a few decks and look through them unless s/he already has a preference.

Once the deck is chosen, I'll shuffle a few more times and allow the querent to cut the deck which ever way s/he chooses, and then I fan the deck so that the querent can choose the cards.

I don't have meta-convictions against a querent shuffling, but I do have creased and dog-eared cards as a result of inexpert use. If someone insists, I'll hand over the deck and explain why I usually don't have other people shuffle. That rarely happens, however. ;)

sync350

I haven't done much reading for others, but I would use a separate deck for reading for others. My objection to letting the client do the shuffling is that I want the cards to have only been handled by myself; to keep my energy in them I suppose. Probably more of a superstition than anything, but I wouldn't want someone else shuffling up my cards, etc. :)

Grizabella

When I'm reading for someone, I'm very conscious of the fact that it's about them, not about me and it's their energy that's important, not mine. I always have them shuffle except if, for some reason, they absolutely don't want to do it. Then I don't push it.