The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

Miss Divine

I cannot believe how fast my set arrived. It was shipped last Wednesday and I received it late yesterday afternoon. I started reading the guidebook almost immediately, and this system just makes total sense! I've heard plenty of ppl complaing about how difficult this deck is. But I bet if ppl would just read the guidebook they would get it as well. Ravynne has explained it so well. Every tarot reader knows the elements and numerology (atleast I would hope so!) which makes the minor arcana very logic how it's been set up. I am so in love with this set already! It's probably not a deck I will read with for others. It feels more like a personal deck to me. But that can change down the road. I'm just going to enjoy getting to know it for now. Thank you Ravynne!! You created a true materpiece!! :heart:

MagsStardustBlack

The book is phenomenal! That's all I'm saying mind blowing. This deck will influence generations of readers to come. Gone straight into my top 4 decks!

Miss Divine

The book is phenomenal! That's all I'm saying mind blowing. This deck will influence generations of readers to come. Gone straight into my top 4 decks!

I have finally found my dream deck, literally! The artwork is to die for. I love the fae and dragons in this deck especially. If this deck had come out sooner, I wouldn't have purchased so many decks over the years.. This deck is so easy to connect with for me. I just can't stop looking at it. And the book, yes it is phenomenal!! The only minor quibble I have with this deck is, I wish the cardstock was a tad bit thicker. Other than that it is absolutely perfect! I could go on and on about my adoration for it.. But I will leave it at this (for now). :)

Sassyinkpen

This thread is making me seriously interested in this deck. I have The Messenger Oracle, and am extremely drawn to the artwork - it really speaks to me.

I'm just learning to read tarot, though, and would kind of like to have a handle on the Rider-Waite system before I branch out. At least, I think that's the right approach. Seems like a good idea to have some kind of base of knowledge first, but I don't know...maybe it doesn't matter.

Miss Divine

This thread is making me seriously interested in this deck. I have The Messenger Oracle, and am extremely drawn to the artwork - it really speaks to me.

I'm just learning to read tarot, though, and would kind of like to have a handle on the Rider-Waite system before I branch out. At least, I think that's the right approach. Seems like a good idea to have some kind of base of knowledge first, but I don't know...maybe it doesn't matter.

Hmm.. My honest opinion is, that this could be the perfect first tarot deck. If I had to learn with the Rider Waite at the time, it never would've happened at all. I purchased a deck that I fell in love with because of the artwork. It was based on the Rider Waite system, but by no means a RW clone. You can always branch out later if you want. If the Dreams of Gaia wasn't a difficult transition for me, I don't think it would be for you to go to a RW later. What is most important I feel (atleast for myself) is that you feel passionate about a deck.. You want to enjoy looking at the images, enjoy shuffling them, feeling that connection. I say go for it! :)

Miss Divine

I want to order a copy to gift someone for Christmas. Does anyone know if I will be getting the first or second printing from BookDepository?

Falcor

Same here. It keeps calling me. I think I'll get it next year...Such a magical art. I am in love with it.

JadePixie

For Australians, there is someone on eBay selling cheap copies of the first edition (with the error card): https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262770148748 .

This looks like a good deal, I have the edition with the error and it doesn't bother me much at all. It's a great deck, good for day to day issues when you need clear, useful advice that is gentle (not fluffy) at the same time.

cybercat

I just found out about this deck from a friend. For those that have been using it now for a year how are you liking it?

From the cards I have seen this deck calls to me on a Elemental level. I understand it is a whole New system blending Tarot with Oracle and very spiritual instead of mundane.

Would love to hear of some updated reviews from those that have had it for awhile now.