Mythic Tarot - Ten Cups

rwcarter

Psyche has been raised to divine status, and now she can enter the world of the gods with Eros. She and Eros have returned to his palace. Her virginal white gown has been replaced with one of gold and she now bears a set of golden wings. Ten cups are stacked before them.

Overview
  • a state of permanence and ongoing contentment
  • a marriage built upon a conscious union of two loving but separate partners
  • indicates a relationship that will withstand any future challenges
  • a love that has moved beyond the personal and sensual and into the spiritual
  • loving another can cause life to have meaning and purpose and can cause a larger, brighter world to appear before one
  • when it has passed through many tests and been built upon honesty and humility, love can connect one with one’s own soul and with a feeling of permanence, meaning and rightness in life
  • a gentler and less passionate sense of ongoing peace than that shown in the 9P
  • a love that grows steadily and embraces others
  • founding a family so that the love that the couple shares can now be extended to children
  • a relationship that’s strong enough to weather any disagreements
Random Thoughts
  • true love conquers all if one is willing to go the distance
  • a relationship that is hard fought for and in which one or both people go through a lot of changes to attain the relationship and make it work
  • if one bails on one’s relationships at the first sign of trouble, one will never attain this level of relationship

The keyword/phrase I came up with doing my workbook exercises was "lasting contentment".

Rodney

L1S1

The Ten of Cups seems to be a relationship where both people are on the same level. They see things the same way and complement each other. They have been though alot of hardships but it has made their relationship stronger.

merissa_88

I don't own this deck, but this seems such a beautiful interpretation for this card. All the potential of the Ace of Cups has been realized. It's just as nice an image as the family dancing together in some other decks.

Parzival

Mythic Tarot 10 of cups

Shakespeare says it well: "Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments." Here, perfect concord between souls is realized.

rwcarter

L1S1 said:
The Ten of Cups seems to be a relationship where both people are on the same level. They see things the same way and complement each other. They have been though alot of hardships but it has made their relationship stronger.
I think Psyche has definitely been through more hardships than Eros has, but I do agree that both people are now on the same level,which isn't always apparent in other depictions of the card.

Rodney

sapienza

merissa_88 said:
All the potential of the Ace of Cups has been realized.
This is how I view the card too. Whatever the seed that was planted in the Ace, it has now grown to realise the initial vision. I don't always apply this to a relationship, although the card depicts that, but rather to any emotional situation in which a dream, or ideal, has been realised after a period of ups and downs.