The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

Linfang

Thanks for your reply :)

I attached a picture showing the damaged when I sent my email. Due to the weekend, I'll have to wait until next week for their reply (there hopefully be one).

At the moment I cannot bring myself to use the deck or even read the book. I never expect a deck to be 100% perfect, but apart from one cheap Hay House oracle I've never seen a deck as heavily faulty as this.

Let's see what will happen, I hope this sorts itself out.

Miss Divine

Thanks for your reply :)

At the moment I cannot bring myself to use the deck or even read the book. I never expect a deck to be 100% perfect, but apart from one cheap Hay House oracle I've never seen a deck as heavily faulty as this.

I purchased this deck twice, and returned it twice! That is how faulty my copies were as well. I PM'd them on facebook about it. And I also asked if there would be a reprint. I never received an answer, so I decided not to repurchase since I don't want to risk getting yet another faulty copy.

dreamsofgaia

I purchased this deck twice, and returned it twice! That is how faulty my copies were as well. I PM'd them on facebook about it. And I also asked if there would be a reprint. I never received an answer, so I decided not to repurchase since I don't want to risk getting yet another faulty copy.

Linfang and Miss Divine,

If you both have damaged decks, please email me at dreamsofgaia(at)gmail.com and I will forward your emails on to the publisher with a request that a replacement deck is sent to you. Please be sure to send me photos of the damaged cards. We are passing these photos on to the printers.

I am so very sorry that you have both received damaged decks, but I can promise you that I will make sure that you both get an undamaged deck the next time around. I am not sure if Blue Angel monitor the messages on their facebook page which might explain the lack of response, but I can guarantee your request for a replacement will be received by the right person if you email me directly.

Please, however, be aware that you will receive the deck with the patterned back.

Again, my apologies.

delinfrey

Started to really work with the deck now, noticed that I also have the faulty card XIV Faith... And the issue with corners, it's really odd - upper left corners are bent just a teeny bit, seriously less than a millimetre, but it makes the corners go bad quickly.

I will be sending an e-mail as soon as I'm back with my phone, so that I could take photographs.

Linfang

Thanks Ravynne for your response, I'll send you an email once I'm home :)

Linfang

I've been contacted by Blue Angel this morning already. I am confident now that things will work out. Thanks Ravynne!

dreamsofgaia

You are very welcome, Linfang.

:)

earthair

I have received my replacements of damaged and wrongly printed cards :)
The corner thing isn't too much of a problem if one riffles, but I can see how slidey shufflers would have an issue.
If this gorgeous deck does get a reprint I hope the printing of the backs is sorted out so they are an even uniform black without it scratching off, revealing white bits.

dreamsofgaia

I have received my replacements of damaged and wrongly printed cards :)
The corner thing isn't too much of a problem if one riffles, but I can see how slidey shufflers would have an issue.
If this gorgeous deck does get a reprint I hope the printing of the backs is sorted out so they are an even uniform black without it scratching off, revealing white bits.

*comes in and points down to the post made by Ayram*

The back on the deck below is the future for the Dreams of Gaia Tarot. Over the months ahead, the black back version will become harder to obtain. Why? Because as much as I wanted the black back on the deck, I hated it as equally when I saw the way fingerprints stuck to the finish. Blame my OCD if you will, but while I know the fingerprints will still be there on the patterned back, I also know they won't be as visible. Aesthetics are important to me, and fingerprints are just not something I find visually appealing on any level :)

Hi all -

Just wanted to share that I got the replacement deck today from Blue Angel Publishing! See pics here to see what's changed!:
https://flickr.com/photos/49559819@N00/sets/72157675308705626

While I haven't shuffled yet, the corners seem unbent and the card with incorrect number has been replaced with correct one. :) I was shocked however to see that they have an all new design on the back! I for one LOVE the black however if it needs to be a design (e.g. I'm sure it's very hard to pump out perfectly flawless black cards 100% of the time so a design would hide small imperfections from super anal consumers lol), I can't imagine a lovelier one. There's a feeling of floating out in space, like... in a nebula! And going toward the light! The design also manages to feel somewhat reserved and classic with delicate patterns - just sorta timeless and befitting of the deck. I really like it, and all that purple - especially with the bit of turquoise in the middle (have always loved that color combo) and the gold.

Due to the gilded edges making some of the cards stick together as so many gilded decks do, this time I gently separated each card instead of shuffling them apart (might I have bent the corners somehow with the last deck?). I also want to point out that it's common for gilding to fade from lots of shuffling, which is the case with my black-backed deck, and ALSO to point out that the bent corners seem to be softening up a bit as the entire deck (black one) begins to get that beat up "patina" we don't all mind so much.

I really just want to keep playing with the black deck for a while longer now that the pressure's off! I am very grateful to Blue Angel for allowing me to keep the original deck.