The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

dreamsofgaia

Thank you Ravynne, I can wait for the second edition to filter into the UK market.

Meanwhile, I received a replacement deck from Book Depository and I was hoping to swap the damaged cards from my first order (deck) with the cards from the replacement deck; however they do not align properly with the other cards. In fact they are sticking out from the deck. I imagine this will also be the case when I receive my replacement cards from Blue Angel. I give up now!!! I will just be using the deck with its original cards and eventually I will get the new edition. Anyway, the replacement deck had only minor flaws (apart from the usual Faith card misprint which does not bother me).

Tibor, I understand your frustration, believe me. Please, I know it's a lot to ask considering you've already had problems with the deck, but if you are open to using the patterned back version, please do not hesitate to contact Blue Angel directly. They will be only too happy to look after you, because it's bad enough receiving one damaged copy, but disheartening to receive a second.

(Edited to remove the Book Depository info - please see new update with regards to Book Depository)

Anyone who purchases the black deck version will need to contact Blue Angel at info@blueangelonline.com for a replacement XXIV Faith card. They will be only too happy to organise sending it out to you. Although, if memory serves, Llewellyn also has copies of the replacement card too.

Book Depository however, as far as I know, does not have stock of the replacement card on hand.

dreamsofgaia

By chance would you happen to know if there are still revised Faith cards with the plain black backs available from Blue Angel?

I have the original version with the simple black backs, the only thing wrong with the deck is the misprinted Faith card. I have been meaning to write to them to get the correctly numbered card sent out but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Now with the alternate version I'm concerned I may be unable to.

Daughter of Danu, please do not be concerned. There have been an abundance of replacement Faith cards printed. All you have to do is contact Blue Angel at info@blueangelonline.com with your address details and they will happily send one out to you.

dreamsofgaia

With regard to Book Depository. I am, once more, awaiting information with regards to whether the deck that is being shipped via the Blue Angel listing IS in fact the new version. There is a chance that the black deck version is also being shipped via this link, so I cannot be sure until I receive further information as to whether the revised edition is guaranteed to be sent.

Sorry for the confusion. It's only just come to light that Book Depository could still be shipping the original version.

Ayram

Daughter of Danu, please do not be concerned. There have been an abundance of replacement Faith cards printed. All you have to do is contact Blue Angel at info@blueangelonline.com with your address details and they will happily send one out to you.

Yes they sent out my separate Faith card and it's in perfect condition and fit right in. ;)

Miss Divine

Linfang and Miss Divine,

If you both have damaged decks, please email me at dreamsofgaia(at)gmail.com and I will forward your emails on to the publisher with a request that a replacement deck is sent to you. Please be sure to send me photos of the damaged cards. We are passing these photos on to the printers.

I am so very sorry that you have both received damaged decks, but I can promise you that I will make sure that you both get an undamaged deck the next time around. I am not sure if Blue Angel monitor the messages on their facebook page which might explain the lack of response, but I can guarantee your request for a replacement will be received by the right person if you email me directly.

Please, however, be aware that you will receive the deck with the patterned back!

Again, my apologies.

Thank you! But I returned both of my copies. I should've emailed Blue Angel instead of contacting via PM, my bad. I'm so happy there is a second printing out already, and if shipping costs were cheaper I would purchase straight out of Australia. (I am in Europe). Sooo, to stay on the safe side I think I'll wait about a month or so to make sure I will receive the second printing. By then hopefully the new printed copies will have distributed in Europe as well. :)

P.S. In the meantime Blue Angel replied to my FB message!

Styx

I have received my copy which was my birthday gift from me to myself.
I have the wrongly printed Faith card, but I think I like it. The four of fire has a slight crease across the image that you can see if there is light bouncing off the card - but because it is such a fiery card, it kind of fits. When this deck has become a beloved classic, I will chuckle at all the newbies who have a "flawless" printing. ;-)

I was absolutely sure that I would buy this deck so I actually endeavoured to see as few cards as possible to keep the delightful surprise. When I looked through the deck for the first time, I was slightly worried. So many faces... (This is what keeps me from buying the Tarot of the Hidden Realms, for fear that it would be difficult to read.)
It so happens that I did a big birthday spread without having much time to ponder over it. So I wrote down the cards I had gotten in my journal and read the book in the following days.
Today, I had the time to lay out the cards again, with the text in mind. What. A. Difference. I could start to see the general movement and how the cards had addressed a very personal issue.
I still have a few qualms (like the Child card) but on the whole, I have been swept off my feet.

Linfang

I received the replacement deck from Blue Angel. Such a fast delivery around the world! This time the deck is flawless and I immediately started with journaling. I will start reading the book today evening, just had a short glimpse.

Whereas I never found the energy to learn to read with the Chrysalis, I find the Dreams of Gaia Tarot challenging because it takes Tarot to a new level but still completely accessible. I knew I would love the art, but I love the idea behind it even more.

Thanks Ravynne for this gem!

MagsStardustBlack

I have received my copy (ordered 2) and aside from some scratches and the gilding on one side patchy my deck seems fine. As I have just logged in I know nothing of this 'Faith' card issue... So I'll have to read back the thread to figure what every one is talking about.

delinfrey

Received the replacement deck from Blue Angel. Very fast delivery - and the cards were in pristine condition, very carefully packaged. When comparing, now the first set I received really seems subpar as a whole. What a wonderful deck it really is! So much better to handle. The box also seems sturdier.

Miss Divine

I now purchased the set directly from Blue Angel. Just to make sure I will be receiving the new printing. I cannot wait for it to arrive! I wish more publishers had such great customer care. :heart: