BEST EVER LO SCARABEO DECKS!!!

Myrrha

No love for the Fire Tarot, Sorcerer's Tarot, Tarot of Black Cats or that Faerie Tarot that was so popular for years and years, the one with the Richard Dadd minors and acorns and bells for suits?

lightpers

Mucha Tarot
Golden Tarot of Klimt
Tarot of Sexual Magic

Julian Jaymes

I actually really love the flagship Lo Scarabeo deck. It just clicked with me the moment I got it. Funny story of how I first got it, though: I had bought Tarot 101 by Kim Huggens and on the cover was a BEAUTIFUL rendition of Strength. It took ages of searching to figure out what deck it was, but when I found the Lo Scarabeo, there it was.

For me, it's easy to read, beautiful (I'm a sucker for watercolours), and just works very well. I've never had such a good "relationship" with any other deck.

Tay

earthair

Illuminati
Nefertari - for shear bling factor
Fairy Lights
Night Sun

AnjouTwo

It's great to see some appreciation for the Lo Scarabeo Tarot, which I feel has been underappreciated. I adore the Contemplative Tarot, which is impossible to read with (those different colored backs!) but amazing for study. So beautiful.

velvetina

My three favourites from Lo Scarabeo are Liber T of the Stars Eternal, the Trevisan Crystal and the Black Cats.

IHeartRescues

I've decided I may need the N. Ceccoli Tarot at some point :)

Achlys

Night Sun
Nicoletta Ceccoli
Tarot Illuminati
Tarot Apokalypsis

Those are the ones that immediately jump to mind.

Shaymus

I've many Lo Scarabeo decks, but most I find I don't read with often, either due to the artwork or those borders and language titles.

I was in a friend's shop, and saw the Wheel of the Year tarot (has borders and language titles), I picked it up, thought....meh...just another deck that I would only work with for a short time. I bought it anyway.

Well, I was wrong. This deck isn't one that I would normally be attracted to. Long story short, I find it is an amazing reading deck. I've been using it almost exclusively for a few months, doing readings for myself and others.

I guess the lesson I've learned is to not judge a book by its cover, or a tarot deck by preconceived notions.

Shay

IreneCroft

Oh what a wonderful thread! I have lots of Lo Scarabeo decks, and most of them were bought as part of the partwork. Thereby I got decks that I would not have bought in any other circumstances.

But some of these decks actually caught my attention after I had examined its imagery and history. So now my favs are:

Tarot of the 78 Doors - all times favourite. It was among my first decks and now looks a bit shabby, so I've bought another one for later. It gives very accurate readings.

Gothic Tarot of Vampires - love it because I'm a fan of the Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (game) and the World of Darkness (setting).

Harmonious Tarot - Walter Crane's pictures are great. I've found all the books used for the deck and now understand it even better. Every card has its own story which is naturally complemented by Waite-Smith's symbolism.

Universal Wirth Tarot - I think I wouldn't buy it if it was not a part of the collection. I had not read Wirth's books before I got the deck and I had no interest in his writings. But the artwork was beautiful thereby I gave the deck a chance. And I wasn't disappointed. By the way I'd like to thank kenji for MANUEL SYNTHÉTIQUE & PRATIQUE DU TAROT by EUDES PICARD (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=60038). Without that book, reading with the deck is quite difficult.

Shaman Tarot - again, I'm not interested in shamanism and wouldn't buy the deck voluntarily. But I got it and started to explore. I'm still not interested in shamanic practices but the deck by itself is amazing.

So the lesson I've learned is to not skip decks in a catalog just because its theme is not interesting to me.