Mythic Tarot

Avishia

Anyone still studying this?

Or would like to start anew? I know this was originally done a few years ago but I'm new here and loving this deck. I too "got" tarot when I got this deck. I got it at a silent auction at a recent Astrology and Metaphysical fair that I was working at. The deck I have is the black back with the gold symbol for the four suits entertwined in the middle. I had only bought new decks before and I was unsure about buying a deck that had been someone else's, until I got it and realized how much love and good energy was still in the cards. I love mythology, esp Greek and these cards and the book really spoke to me. I even picked up the study workbook that goes with this deck at a bookstore used for a few bucks and I'm itching to really get into this deck.

If anyone else has the workbook, maybe we could start a new study group using the workbook as a guide? I've been trying to find the blank cards somewhere online that I can print to color like in the workbook as I'd like to create my own workbook instead of writing in their printed book. I know I'll need a lot more space to write than they have given. If all else fails, I may just scan the images from their book to print and put in my notebook for coloring like the workbook suggests.

Anyone interested in doing this with me? I'd love to have at least a couple of friends to travel this journey with to keep me accountable and motivated... Maybe have a goal of going through the workbook together doing one card a week or every 3 days or something?

Hugs,
Avi

rwcarter

This was the first deck I bought back in 1991. I thought it might be useful to go back to the beginning, as it were, with almost 20 years of accumulate knowledge and see what the deck has to say to me now. I'm using this deck for my Intensive Deck Study (IDS, see Talking Tarot forum for more info) and will be going through all 78 cards. I will also be posting my notes and observations from the Mythic Tarot Workbook, which I completed in 1991.

If anyone wants to join me, I'd love the company. But I'm also used to the deafening silence that comes from completing a study group by myself.

Rodney

sapienza

Hi Rodney. This was also my first deck which I got in 1998. My Mum was given it years earlier and insisted that one day she'd actually use it. In '98 I got back from travelling and she finally said I could use it if I wanted. I think I used it exclusively for about 5 years and so I've also been thinking how good it would be to return to it now. I'm curious to see what all my other tarot explorations will bring to it all these years later. I'm SUPPOSED to be IDSing with the Thoth and TdM but I'm going to change my focus for the new year and work with the 'Big Three' and the Mythic.

So, to cut a long story short, I'd love to join you. :D I'm not sure how regular I'm going to be with this but I'm certainly keen to join in when I can. I've spent a lot of time over the years with the Majors but I'm especially keen to re-visit the minors as well. I'm looking forward to it.

gregory

Will people be using the original or the (nasty IMHO) new version or a combo ? Just curious.... (I read these groups but never get around to.... :|)

sapienza

The ORIGINAL of course :D

Just in case anyone is joining in with the 'New' (nasty IMHO too) version I will refrain from providing my opinion here. I think I said enough in the 'New Mythic' thread.

rwcarter

I'm not only using the original Mythic, but the copy I bought in 1991.

Rodney

sapienza

I just dug out my old workbook from back in about 2000. I didn't finish all the cards but it will certainly be interesting to refer to the ones I did as I revisit the deck and post in the study group. I'm really enjoying giving this deck some proper attention again. I'd forgotten just how good it is for readings.

Sanctum_Priest

I've just bought a second hand copy of this from a local shop. The box is torn but the cards are in excellent condition. I'm presuming this is the original version but how would I know?

Hawkmoon

I'd like to join this group but it seems rather inactive lately. Is anyone interested in firing it up again if the previous group has moved onto new decks?

rwcarter

Hi Hawkmoon,

Study groups ebb and flow all the time. If you're at the point where you want to study this deck and no one else wants to at the same time, just start posting away in the various threads on the card. Your posts may spur others on to join you in studying the deck. :)