The Four Worlds/The Four Suits - the Order

treedog

to grock Briah and Yetzirah

ravenest, you are indeed patient. It's coming. The difference between the 2nd and 3rd realms is subtle. I hold them lightly--how else? More will be revealed. Now I'm beginning to wonder how a "small card" (of a particular suit) paired with a trump would effect it. These little guys are powerful.

GnosticTarotCards

Ahh. A tarot topic that is more exciting by the day. I am for one a fan of the four world approach, GD has it right about switched tree on fall of Lucifer. Its important to realize that this whole Kabbalistic "Four Worlds" conversation is about learning how to contact subtle realms of understanding so the "angelic brethren" can assist in overcoming the trials of "self will" thats why emmanation works so well.

Back to our topic Atzulith , Briah, Yetzeriah and Assiah are the Four Worlds representing the most condensed and abstract world up top , with a mediating gradual change till Assiah the Material and outermost or Grossest point at the bottom or below. "As above so below"

The GD pretty much agrees upon this point. The one thing that needs to be talked about is the permutation on the work of Alchemy when the tree falls and rises. This is where keter of atzulit becomes tipereth of briah and keter of briah is tipereth of Yetzeriah all the way to assiah. Once you make the internal connection and the Angelic beings help with "reintegration" then you can slowly "rewire" yourself back to your Briatic self!

Sounds complex but its not really. Since we are talking Kabbalah im not making tarot references but if you want to use your Hebrew Path attributions here is where the meditation on the 7 planets will mediate Archangelic force to "regenerate" your Briatic Self

In GNOSIS

TIM

ravenest

ravenest, you are indeed patient. It's coming. The difference between the 2nd and 3rd realms is subtle. .

IMO ;
(and one way of looking at it)

Fire - we get an inspiration. [Or; there IS a fire]

Water (2nd)- the creative world - we 'feel' it out, see if it resonates with us, 'sleep on it', (i.e. processes that allow the 'unconcious' to 'anaylise' it, It is sort of a 'gestation' of the inspiration and the first principle. Or if you like' an assembly area, where all the things - the crative forces and processes needed are gathered. [or' the fire alarm has gone off all meet at the assembly point]

Air (3rd) formative world. we use the rational mind, to order and regulate and 'give jobs to' the forces and processes gathered and structure them in consecutive processes, etc [people at the assembly point then disperse to their appropriate roles, jobs and stations.

4 the above are processed together to make an outcome.

(if you want I can send you something further ... it is all encapsulated in simple ... I promise ... number theory.)

I think it will help to get an overview as this just is not a qabbalistic concept, qabbalistic theory (in this regard at least) is an expression of a universal concept with the four world and flows through everything from the 4 levels of DNA coding (GACT), the four seasons, the four systems in the body, the four psychological truths, astrology, the four male acrchetypes, Jungs four system, the four major forces of physics etc....

treedog

it's coming together...

Books are helpful: Chicken Qabalah, Understanding AC's Thoth Tarot (both Duquette). I'm taking them in daily doses. And I spent some time last night on "Raven's Tarot Site". Nice! Also a print-out of ravenest's post that I found two weeks ago on Numbers & Geometry (which when I re-read will probably make Oh such much more sense now). But it's the personal attention and comments on this forum that are like life lines. If I go running down the street with my hair on fire I know I can yell, MOM, DAD! That also facilitates learning--that trust of being in good village.

I'm a poet, so I love all the metaphors and bed-time stories about DNA and other such teaching aides. Good on ya.

So just because Hod is in the Severity Pillar (I'm showing off now), but is called Splendor how come it wrecks everything? Gee, not my idea of "splendor".

ravenest

So just because Hod is in the Severity Pillar (I'm showing off now), but is called Splendour how come it wrecks everything? Gee, not my idea of "splendour".

:laugh: it wrecks everything!? Why do you think it wrecks everything? I'm curious to hear your take on that - regardless of what I say below ;) . Crowley (at times, IMO) seems to suggest the same of Netzach :laugh: )

Sounds like certain people's criticism of me; "You always wreck everything!"

My even more annoying response? "No I don’t wreck EVERYTHING I just like to use the balanced power of perception and analysis of the rational mind and compare that with past experience, experimentation and results. The only thing that gets 'wrecked' is unfocused, over-emotive, not-learned-from-past-experience, illogical fantasies."

It might be a 'severe' process but sometimes those, 'unfocused, over-emotive, not-learned-from-past-experience, illogical fantasies' might have some gold hidden in there (as we also need inspiration and new ways to look at things).

So by the 'severe' experience the gold (or worth or 'splendour') may be revealed.

I think you posed an interesting question as it goes to the heart of the study of Hermetics and the 'spiritual journey' to 'Know Thyself' and to develop and grow one's self. It's about balance (think of building a tower- it must be equally balanced) as well as development. If we just develop according to our whims or prejudices it’s not really good growth, we need to grow and develop in areas we might not be naturally attracted to. So balance in growth is important.... here it comes.... one of my favourite passages;

" 12. Remember that unbalanced force is evil; that unbalanced severity is but cruelty and oppression; but that also unbalanced mercy is but weakness which would allow and abet Evil." [ http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib30.htm ]

The process to purify gold might seem severe (from the impurities perspective) but it's the result that has the splendour.

A word on the titles of the Sephiroth; curious aren't they?

1. Kether (Crown) 2. Chokmah (Wisdom) 3. Binah (Understanding) 4. Chesed (Mercy) 5. Geburah (Strength - Severity) 6. Tiphareth (Beauty) 7. Netzach (Victory) 8. Hod (Glory - or Splendour) 9. Yesod (Foundation) 10. Malkuth (Kingdom) { 11. Daath (knowledge) }.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (they say), it needs to be understood (what the results of the application and effect of the 'release' of that knowledge might result in), when that is understood then we can apply that knowledge in the right way in consideration of how it will effect things -wisdom. Only when a king (or a magician) has these three in balance; knowledge, understanding, wisdom, can he rightly wear his Crown. But the crowned king must regulate his people or his Kingdom (or the magician - his psyche and all 'entities' contained within it or relating to it) with justice; both mercy and strength; the balanced ability, in wisdom, to regulate or give freedom where appropriate. The king needs beauty at the heart of all, an appreciation of all and a radiation of all the aspects (titles of the sephiroth) as a natural radiation but also of a demonstration of the principles an ... effulgence ... Ramses II, Alexander the Great, Jesus Christ, Mohammed all had an effulgence that caused people to follow them - its further reflected in Glory, their natural radiation but also by their actions, they earn glory. Of course it’s not much good knowing all this, it has to be put into practice and tested ... and the king or magician has to be victorious (eventually), then they have the foundations from which they can rule regulate and build their kingdom upon.

treedog

truth just makes sense...

ravenest, Everything in your last post makes really good sense in and of itself. It's how I think, or how I want to organize my world/journey more and more. And when I see how it is embeded in the Tree of Life I feel really glad that I found this path. It's got to make sense and it's got to have heart.

In December I was watching an astronomy documentary that mentioned a planet or phenomenon that I'd never heard of. I investigated the Internet and somehow ended up on YouTube listening to guy named David Wilcock, a sensible guy it seems. He casually mentioned that he worked with the Tarot---Bam! Some switch got flipped and, to my own surprise, the following day I found one of those woo woo bookstores with Merlin's, inscence, potions and spells, and bought a deck of cards. Holy S.... In no time I turned my addictive personality on it. All this yaking probably belongs in a different thread.

So, in my endeavors to memorize stuff it seems that neither the GD, Crowley nor anyone else would/could try to alter the Tree, but they broke from "tradition" (there's that word) and made a couple of switches. I'm using the RWS deck as well as AC Thoth. I think I want to learn the paths according to Crowley (for now). Experience/comments anyone?

treedog

deleted--Opps, a little issue doing my first "QUOTE".

treedog

Hga

Its important to realize that this whole Kabbalistic "Four Worlds" conversation is about learning how to contact subtle realms of understanding so the "angelic brethren" can assist in overcoming the trials of "self will" thats why emmanation works so well.
TIM

I really like that. Are the "angelic bretheren" also the Holy Guardian Angel? And are they "me" on the astral or etheric plane?

GnosticTarotCards

Angelic Brethren are essentially the Planetary Bodies, but they are not "physical" planets , that is only their "Malkuth" or dense form. The Angelic Brethren organized under Michael, Uriel and .. unfortunately some are under Lucifer ( See Boehme). The angels under their command are the lights you will learn about in Gnosticism and also Books of Enoch. The reason we need their help is because when battling the lower self, by the way The phrase is "Gnothi Sauton" know OF thyself. Because the fallen lower self is NOT the real Monadic SELF. Anyway. When you are battling with the lower and reflected self, then you need a defense that comes from your higher self. and some call it the HGA in Golden Dawn _Esque teachings, i prefer to call it the Solar Logos. This solar logos helps us by sending its Planetary Angels to our rescue in Astro- Alchemical Divination called TAROT. Do a reading under Continental correspondances and you will see the Planetary Bodies - Angelic Brethren- moving and then the metals they correspond with ( chakras) are influenced by their movement... Open to any questions about the above.

In GNOSIS

Tim

ravenest

This solar logos helps us by sending its Planetary Angels to our rescue in Astro- Alchemical Divination called TAROT. Do a reading under Continental correspondances and you will see the Planetary Bodies - Angelic Brethren- moving and then the metals they correspond with ( chakras) are influenced by their movement... Open to any questions about the above.

In GNOSIS

Tim

And read a natal chart 'properly' and you will see the same thing; the solar principle with the help of the planets, specific to placements and aspects, also their forms (solar central or actually Sun / Moon self and the assisting planets - or 'detrimental' as well) can be correlated to their mythological forms and stories.

Apparently I have mermaids assisting me :).

The natal arrangement is the overal pattern of how these assistants work, for each individual, transists and tarot 'readings' seem to be overlaying that pattern with present energies to make a resultant 'now' picture or 'schema'.

... IMO