"Tarot + Therapeutic Practice?"

Teheuti

Tanga, you might find it helpful to have a person take the exact position of a figure in a tarot card (works very well with Waite-Smith decks) and then act it out and tell you what is going on. For instance, I've had clients and students lay on the floor like the figure in the 10 of Swords and so far they've all told me they feel a great sense of letting go and relief. When someone acts out the Temperance card, they can always tell me what they are pouring/combining from one cup to another in their own life. With your knowledge of the body you will probably also be able to see something significant in how they carry out the task.

Tanga

"Tarot with bodywork"

Tanga, you might find it helpful to have a person take the exact position of a figure in a tarot card (works very well with Waite-Smith decks) and then act it out and tell you what is going on. For instance, I've had clients and students lay on the floor like the figure in the 10 of Swords and so far they've all told me they feel a great sense of letting go and relief. When someone acts out the Temperance card, they can always tell me what they are pouring/combining from one cup to another in their own life. With your knowledge of the body you will probably also be able to see something significant in how they carry out the task.

What a simply elegant idea...
Many thanks Teheuti.

nisaba

Yes. I'll be looking at the Ten Swords in quite a different way now. I can see that at times of crisis, I'll be more inclined to drop to the floor.

Tanga

"Tarot with bodywork"

Yes. I'll be looking at the Ten Swords in quite a different way now. I can see that at times of crisis, I'll be more inclined to drop to the floor.

LOL! I can feel a regular morning exercise coming on here for my own eploration... acting out the Tarot.
Splendid.
Must also tell my sister-in-law (continuum and cranio-sacral practitioner) who has a great deal of lying about on the floor with enactment in her practice/therapeutic teaching.

nisaba

<grin> The ultimate Yogic Positions.