"Tarot Runes" ideas--Shell and Sharpies

Cerulean

I'm making a fun oracle set with sodalite and Egyptian symbols, but it's taking some time...for a quicker project, I'm taking one of my favorite reading decks, the Egyptian Tarot with drawings by Silvana Alasia. I'm using the glyphs on the lower left right corner of the deck. It's said to be a made-up "Samaritan" or "Magician's Alphabet" and is posted on the majors only.

While I recommend the book for the table where a symbol equals a number, you can make up your own table by just copying the glyph and putting the number of the card...but like numerology, you would add double digit numbers to get a prime number. For instance, Card 10, the Wheel, would equal 1+0=1.

Anyway, I took 22 white shells from a fabric store find (three dollars) and two colors of Sharpie Pens. The green pen on the ridged side, I copied the glyph of the Magician's Alphabet/Samaritan. On the underside I wrote in red pen the glyph symbol again and the number it equals. (At some point, I might also write the English letters from the information in the book).

For the past few days, I'd pick one shell from the bag and then the matching major card. I'd observe some of the decorative bits on the card and might also pull other cards for a reading...or I just think about the meaning of the one major.

Might be a fun way of getting more from one of your tarot sets...a number, hand gesture, detail (like white rose for a Fool or Scales for Justice)...put it on cards, shells, rocks...and then pick up your oracle to help you pick up your deck.

I found it a lovely way to reaquaint myself with my deck.

Originally I had been doing just a similar thematic pick of one card from the Cleopatra Oracle/Tarot (Lo Scarabeo) and researching the card character or symbology...and then also picking a sodalite stone from the "Tamara" oracle I am working on.

But this Shell-and-Sharpie set was quicker, interactive and delightfully engaging to what I already have...and I really did like it's deck for it's possibilities. I"m glad to have found at least one!

Hope this is helpful.

Cerulean