"Test" reading so I can prove myself

Baroli

Good point, Solitaire. Hey Satine, way to go. ;)

Baroli

satine

Solitaire* said:
Chiming in to add that if it's too soon for satine to read professionally, then it will show itself over time and then she'll know to get in some more non-professional reading time before trying it again as a professional. For the time being, she's started and it's gone well so far, so congratulations are in order for her having had the courage to dive right in. :)

Well, it's not like I'm hanging a shingle to work as a tarot-reader fulltime. It's just a few hours one weekend a month... They appear to find me capable, and if I feel I'm "in over my head" then I'll stop doing it.

I sure do regret starting this particular thread! :p

AJ

Don't regret it...folks aren't usually so negative here, and in truth there are 1000's of lurkers here who never post but perhaps reading your thread will be encouraged to take that big scary step and read in public for strangers. We seldom know when or how something we do will touch the life of someone~

All the very best, and please let us know how it goes.

Dancing Bear

Congratulations Satine !!

Well Done.. I remember my first Professional Tarot reading It was as hair raising as you seemed to go through.. we all need to start somewhere, and good on you for having the courage to ask about reading... The Universe and YOU obviously thought you were ready to take the next step..

Well done keep us updated ;)

Thankyou for sharing your journey :heart:

btw: Love your name reminds me of Moulin Rouge

thorhammer

satine said:
I sure do regret starting this particular thread! :p
Please don't say that, satine! I've just found it and have read it through just now - you're very brave for putting yourself out there, and I hope that one day soon I'll have the confidence to do exactly what you're doing - read for strangers! I'm thinking of hanging out in laundromats . . . ;) but seriously, I'd love to have some more experience with stranger-reading, just don't know how to go about it. This thread has given me lots of ideas that while they won't work for me in their current incarnation, might develop for me into something that will! Blessed be, satine, and best of luck with your next fair!

\m/ Kat

satine

Dancing Bear said:
Thankyou for sharing your journey :heart:

btw: Love your name reminds me of Moulin Rouge

That's why I chose the name, Dancing Bear! :) I LOVE that movie and movie soundtrack! Thanks for your kind words, by the way.

satine

thorhammer said:
Please don't say that, satine! I've just found it and have read it through just now - you're very brave for putting yourself out there, and I hope that one day soon I'll have the confidence to do exactly what you're doing - read for strangers! I'm thinking of hanging out in laundromats . . . ;) but seriously, I'd love to have some more experience with stranger-reading, just don't know how to go about it. This thread has given me lots of ideas that while they won't work for me in their current incarnation, might develop for me into something that will! Blessed be, satine, and best of luck with your next fair!

\m/ Kat

Thanks, Kat! I'm looking for other opportunities as well, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to do that fair just one day a month, to help sharpen my skills as a reader. I'm also talking to my massage therapist who says she has a lot of customers who would definitely enjoy a free reading. So, I think I'm going to make some connections through her... Every bit helps, I think. I can't just blink and become "experienced." I have to put myself out there and actually get experience! ;) Thanks for your post, Kat-- here and on that other thread.

Jen

Emerald

Congrats Satine and well done.
Do not regret starting this thread as AJ is right. There are a lot of lurkers who do not post, I being one of them. I didn't have advice to give as I am not a professional but I found the thread very interesting as I would like to read for strangers some day. As for local acceptance; my house is surrounded by the church (Catholic), Priest's house and graveyard, I don't think I will be setting up at home. I read everyones excellent advice and it really has helped me.

Thanks for starting the thread and best of luck with the future.

Emerald.