The 30 Aethyrs

smw

There are the Liber 418 study threads on here too that are interesting. I had a peek ahead at the next one - The Cry of the 19th Aethyr, Which is Called POP. I noticed it mentions something like your thoughts on Time.(on the other Devil thread).

And now there is a mighty god, Sebek12, with the head of a crocodile. His head is gray, like river mud, and his jaws fill the whole Aire. And he crunches up the whole tree and the ground and everything.

(The Saturnian Destroyer --- as opposed to Shiva. Time swallows up all ideas, all experiences, Life itself. That is a statement of the condition which the Exempt Adept aspires to transcend by becoming a Magister Templi).

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/418/aetyr19.htm

foolMoon

There are the Liber 418 study threads on here too that are interesting. I had a peek ahead at the next one - The Cry of the 19th Aethyr, Which is Called POP. I noticed it mentions something like your thoughts on Time.(on the other Devil thread).

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/418/aetyr19.htm

That's it. It is very similar to what I was thinking about Time at times. But what a beautifully and mystically put The Cry of the 19th Aethyr.

Thank you for the link, and also for your pointing out the relevant passage from the Aythr to my ideas about Time. I will be joining the study Liber 418 meet you there :)

smw

That's it. It is very similar to what I was thinking about Time at times. But what a beautifully and mystically put The Cry of the 19th Aethyr.

Thank you for the link, and also for your pointing out the relevant passage from the Aythr to my ideas about Time. I will be joining the study Liber 418 meet you there :)

more the merrier :)

smw

On reflection, perhaps with your Time ideas you already have :laugh:

I am finding the Aethyrs odd things. I have noticed that I don't get anything like interesting visions or active imagination. However, sometimes I find myself going a little bit awol, with a few coincidences perhaps influenced by things I have read about without realising. Time seems muddled or running differently and I can't remember if the coincidences I note are before after or whatever.... On Time this Aethry seems to have been activated and running by itself, at least in my overactive imagination. I noticed the references to Chorozon who I had previously had a sudden interest in. Also a reference to Pisces and Qoph (don't now what it means though) brought up by that great thread by Thirteen on the Moon.

The little gate is guarded by a great green dragon. And now the whole wall is suddenly fallen away; there is a blaze of the chariots and the horsemen; a furious battle is raging. One hears nothing but the clash of steel and the neighing of the chargers and the shrieks of the wounded. A thousand fall at every encounter and are trampled under foot. Yet the Aethyr is always full; there are infinite reserves.

No; that is all wrong, for this is not a battle between two forces, but a mle in which each warrior fights for himself against all the others. I cannot see one who has even one ally. And the least fortunate, who fall soonest, are those in the chariots. For as soon as they are engaged in fighting, their own charioteers stab them in the back.(9 This seems to be a Vision of the Ideas which the Alphabet of Daggers is to analyze. The confusion suggests the influence of Choronzon)

And upon her breast is written: Rosa Mundi est Lilium Coeli22 squares in the midst. It radiates a blaze of light, too dazzling to make out the characters, and a voice says: Non haec piscis omnium23. (footnote23.Pisces = fish. Nun literally means fish. Qoph refers to the sign Pisces. The versicle means: "She is not attained by all men".)

Clearly lots of firm evidence there... I blame the approaching Full Moon...

foolMoon

On reflection, perhaps with your Time ideas you already have :laugh:

I am finding the Aethyrs odd things. I have noticed that I don't get anything like interesting visions or active imagination. However, sometimes I find myself going a little bit awol, with a few coincidences perhaps influenced by things I have read about without realising. Time seems muddled or running differently and I can't remember if the coincidences I note are before after or whatever.... On Time this Aethry seems to have been activated and running by itself, at least in my overactive imagination. I noticed the references to Chorozon who I had previously had a sudden interest in. Also a reference to Pisces and Qoph (don't now what it means though) brought up by that great thread by Thirteen on the Moon.

So far I have not had any mystical or divine experiences through the voices and visions either, but I feel, provided that settings and atmosphere are right, and the right rituals are performed with a state of elevated consciousness, it might be possible to experience them. :)

Clearly lots of firm evidence there... I blame the approaching Full Moon...

The whole universe is working under the astrological influence, I believe. I mean if The Moon was slightly somewhere else than where she is, the life on earth would not be what it is, for a simple example, and that theory comes from the scientists.

It is understandable that Tarot is associated with Astrology, although how and why is debate-able, and could be up to the individuals to go with which and what association.

I use the Moon light to consecrate my Tarot decks, when it is Full Moon, I put them out in the garden over night to soak up the energy. And of course, I do worship her. :)

smw

The whole universe is working under the astrological influence, I believe.

It is understandable that Tarot is associated with Astrology, although how and why is debate-able, and could be up to the individuals to go with which and what association.

I seem to have a block with Astrology, I'll have to find some easy books to start. I had thought it was different from Astronomy but then looked into the differences between Tropical and sidereal Astrology that seem to have a different astronomical basis of Stars or equatorial sphere....but then if it has an astronomical basis and more things have been found or shifted how does that affect the zodiac sign placements... sigh....

http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

hang on according to that I am not Saggitarius anymore!! ...makes me Ophiuchus, whatever that might be. (Eta seems this is not a sign, rather a constellation already noted way back)

I use the Moon light to consecrate my Tarot decks, when it is Full Moon, I put them out in the garden over night to soak up the energy. And of course, I do worship her. :)

That is beautiful foolmoon :) it sounds lovely to have a strong connection like that.

Although I understand the feminine and masculine energies associated to the Moon and Sun, if I actually look at them I don't really feel that strongly, more a feel that the Sun is all and shimmering and the earth receiving, soaking up life and growing, with the Moon a mysterious, darkly in between beautiful space where things are more unknown.

*I have noticed an interesting reference to a Lunar Godess in Regardie's Tree of Life. to Yesod close to the Moon path.

Regardie said:
The Godess Bast or Pasht, who is the deity correspondence of Yesod the foundation, is usually represented in the form of a woman with the head of a cat

foolMoon

I seem to have a block with Astrology, I'll have to find some easy books to start. I had thought it was different from Astronomy but then looked into the differences between Tropical and sidereal Astrology that seem to have a different astronomical basis of Stars or equatorial sphere....but then if it has an astronomical basis and more things have been found or shifted how does that affect the zodiac sign placements... sigh....

http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

hang on according to that I am not Saggitarius anymore!! ...makes me Ophiuchus, whatever that might be. (Eta seems this is not a sign, rather a constellation already noted way back)

Sorry, for delay in replying. I just read it. I am a beginner in astrology, but very keen to learn it. I got a few books on astrology, so plenty to read. :)

I am an Aquarius. When I read about it, it seems really making sense for my character lol.

I am also interested in horary astrology as well. In occult studies, there is no difficulties for us, but only paths, and we just walk along the path enjoying the reading and learning. :)

smw said:
That is beautiful foolmoon :) it sounds lovely to have a strong connection like that.

Thank you smw. The decks seem definitely connecting better after that, and feel very personal in my hands.

smw said:
Although I understand the feminine and masculine energies associated to the Moon and Sun, if I actually look at them I don't really feel that strongly, more a feel that the Sun is all and shimmering and the earth receiving, soaking up life and growing, with the Moon a mysterious, darkly in between beautiful space where things are more unknown.

*I have noticed an interesting reference to a Lunar Godess in Regardie's Tree of Life. to Yesod close to the Moon path.

I agree with you about the Sun and Moon. I like the Moon very much, hence my id lol:)
Yeah, Regardie's TOL book is a classic. Thank you for your beautiful quote from the book.