Help me choose my first Lenormand Deck!

BeyondtheVeil

Sharla

Hi Beyondtheveil.

You need to go for a deck that speaks to you personally...the deck i use at present is the gilded reverie, BUT that's only because i can relate to the pics, and i like how they stand out etc, but this may not be the same for you.

Whichever deck you feel you relate to better image wise, then get that deck...whichever one this may happen to be. We all see cards differently.

Also going on lenormand being set meanings and not using your intuition, this is not true....you need to also be able to use your intuition also....but this is the same with all cards really.

For example: someone asks what X's feelings is for them...

You pull 3 cards and get ...Man, anchor, moon.

Going on set meanings would say that this guy works nights, and hasn't got time for feelings he's too tired from working nights all the time....but what about if this guy doesn't even work nights.

Now if i was to read these (and i do read intuitively also), id say that the man feels deeply for them, as in my eyes i'd view this as the anchor card weighing down the moon card....so the feelings are getting deeper.

Like a lot of people use tree for health, but tree can mean many more things if you use your intuition also....it can mean boredom, stagnation, green, branching out, slow progress, something that's been around a long time, etc.

Thanks Sharla! I appreciate your help and support! :heart:

I can see that. I like your readings and they have been very accurate to my situation. I know that you had said that you took some of the basic meanings, but then learned through actually giving readings that things needed to be tweaked. You are doing a great job, so that means a lot to me for your support.

I hope you don't mind me asking helpful tips when my deck arrives. lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

DND

Once you have built a foundation and know the main meanings of the cards in and out only then really can you be intuitive.
DND :)

I can see how that would be helpful to have a foundation on which to build. So when you have those.. 'I am blank" maybe it can help get you going again.

Thanks for the tip :)
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

reall

And I still have it!:) one of my favorite EVER!:)
imo Piatnik or Blue owl are best to start with and Gilded Reverie Lenormand is must have for beautiful art and one of best downloadable Lenormand books ever! (interesting spreads&practical reading examples with color pictures!^^ recommended! lolz :)
and there is original expanded edition to be published soon; http://www.usgamesinc.com/Gilded-Reverie-Expanded-Edition/ so be sure to check that out!:))

I tried to find those decks, but they aren't on my Amazon. :( I couldn't even find the Blue Owl, so I ordered the Blue Bird one. They looked similar so I hope they are. lol

https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/[/url]
and there is free e book download feat all from Lenormand basic to colors, chakra, reiki, light spell work etc so be sure to check it out n tell me what you think!^^ :)

also wanted Ancient looking deck that'll be simple (because everyone saying that's best for learning!^^) and there is version with text/cards names printed on each card;
https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/home/ancient-lenormand

basically all you need is will to learn good book to give you a good start and 1 Lenormand deck!:) heck, you can even take 1playing card deck and just write a Lenormand card name on each corresponding playing card!xD even scrabble something while you're at it!XD lolz :)

Wow! Those are beautiful!! :)

I really love those Chakra ones. So full of color! Definitely going on my list of colorful decks!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to send me those links and for responding!!

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

reall

I tried to find those decks, but they aren't on my Amazon. :( I couldn't even find the Blue Owl, so I ordered the Blue Bird one. They looked similar so I hope they are. lol
oh! forgot to mention you can find it all in https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=lenormand&search=Find+book/
my fav onlinebookstore best selection of books/decks, best price+free shipping worldwide!^^:)
just type Lenormand in search bar and those are top popular results!:)) uh! this reminds me Under the Roses is another absolutely gorgeous and elegant deck!:)))
btw Piatnik is listed as Lenormand Wahrsagekarten : 36 Karten mit Anleitung and it have an ugly box illustration but deck is beautiful!:)) and Blue Bird is newest and a bit different!:)) also I luv to check out youtube for vid reviews to help me make my choice!:)) i.e here is Piatnik https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnR9T3HM2c also you can find great lenormand lessons from famous Lenormand readers there for free!:))

Wow! Those are beautiful!! :)

I really love those Chakra ones. So full of color! Definitely going on my list of colorful decks!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to send me those links and for responding!!

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
YeY!^^ always happy to hear people like my idea!^^ lolz ;)
we're all here to help and support any way we can and this forum is great source of info on every possible topic you may encounter on our cartomancer journey so whatever you're looking for I'm sure you'll find it here!:) for everything else we have etsy!;)) and Gamecrafter!lolz

BeyondtheVeil

reall

oh! forgot to mention you can find it all in https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=lenormand&search=Find+book/
my fav onlinebookstore best selection of books/decks, best price+free shipping worldwide!^^:)
just type Lenormand in search bar and those are top popular results!:)) uh! this reminds me Under the Roses is another absolutely gorgeous and elegant deck!:)))
btw Piatnik is listed as Lenormand Wahrsagekarten : 36 Karten mit Anleitung and it have an ugly box illustration but deck is beautiful!:)) and Blue Bird is newest and a bit different!:)) also I luv to check out youtube for vid reviews to help me make my choice!:)) i.e here is Piatnik https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnR9T3HM2c also you can find great lenormand lessons from famous Lenormand readers there for free!:))

I don't know why I keep forgetting about you tube! lol I also watched the full decks of Dreaming Way Lenormand and The Celtic Lenormand. I really like the Chakra and the Celtic the best I think. :)

YeY!^^ always happy to hear people like my idea!^^ lolz ;)
we're all here to help and support any way we can and this forum is great source of info on every possible topic you may encounter on our cartomancer journey so whatever you're looking for I'm sure you'll find it here!:) for everything else we have etsy!;)) and Gamecrafter!lolz

Yes.. I love all the recommendations and advice! I really appreciate it. I think I am going to order the Chakra Lenormand one for my second deck. It is colorful and like the Celtic lenormand.. I think I will be about to connect with it. :thumbsup: I'm so excited!

Now I hope everyone will help me with readings and practice readings LOL

Thank you again love!! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Grizabella

U

I have seen the Gilded Reverie Lenormand. It is very pretty. Thank you for your suggestion! :heart:

So, are you able to read the Gilded Reverie Lenormand even though some other people think the pictures are too pretty/busy/etc?

Yes, and I'm not sure why that is because there are other Lenormands with more art work surrounding the main image that I can't read as easily with. Ciro just seems to have struck the right balance with his art, I guess. But I had some experience with other Lenormand versions before I got that one so that might be a factor.

What do you think about the Dreaming Way? I really like those pictures and since I don't know the meanings anyway.. I'm assuming they come with at least a LWB?

I haven't seen the Dreaming Way Lenormand, although I do have the Tarot deck. I imagine there's a little booklet with the deck, though. There is with most of them.

I'm assuming that one doesn't read with intuition with the Lenormand but with set meanings that never change?

I was just reading through this thread where things seem to have become kind of a battleground and I hope I didn't start it inadvertently by mentioning intuition. I'm not used to seeing this kind of exchange on AT, so I wondered if it might be in good fun rather than a real argument. At any rate----

There's naturally some intuitive stuff going on with the Lenormands in figuring out what the card combinations mean together. I like the term "pragmatic". I think that's a good way of expressing the difference rather than intuitive. With Tarot decks, there's a lot (for me anyway) of card combinations at play but there's also much more wiggle room to use intuition with those.

Lenormands are much more concise. I think that word works pretty well. You do interpret them by "intuiting" what the card combinations mean, as in the example of a tree vs. tree branching and such that someone mentioned, but there's less of that than there is with Tarot. And there's not the clarification cards, quint cards, and such added frills that people seem to like to use with Tarot a lot. I almost think Lenormands are easier to use than Tarot, to be honest. I'm enjoying and using them more and more lately. And Kipper, too.

Thanks again for the suggestion and for responding! {{HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil

You're very welcome and hugs back! :heart:

reall

@BeyondtheVeil just remembered another interesting feat I discovered recently,
USGames offer most of their booklets as free downlod!:)
so if you are interested in any deck produced by them and wonder about accompanying LWB this page is good start just look for red BOOKLET icon!:)
here is Dreaming Way http://www.usgamesinc.com/Dreaming-Way-Lenormand/
and it looks interesting!^^

you are welcome!^^:))

@Grizabella agree of topic discussion deserve separate thread!:)) lolz

BeyondtheVeil

Grizabella

Yes, and I'm not sure why that is because there are other Lenormands with more art work surrounding the main image that I can't read as easily with. Ciro just seems to have struck the right balance with his art, I guess. But I had some experience with other Lenormand versions before I got that one so that might be a factor.

I think that is an adorable deck! I have heard some others who really like it and it is their only lenormand deck.

I haven't seen the Dreaming Way Lenormand, although I do have the Tarot deck. I imagine there's a little booklet with the deck, though. There is with most of them.
There is in the description anyway lol I was thinking I really wanted that deck, but after looking around.. I think I am now liking the Celtic Lenormand better. lol{I probably shouldn't have kept looking and looking at them. I really like the colours of the Chakra Lenormand also as they bright and cheery!

I was just reading through this thread where things seem to have become kind of a battleground and I hope I didn't start it inadvertently by mentioning intuition. I'm not used to seeing this kind of exchange on AT, so I wondered if it might be in good fun rather than a real argument. At any rate----

I'm sorry about that! {{HUGS}} I wasn't sure what to say either. I only wanted to know which Lenormand deck. :D lol

There's naturally some intuitive stuff going on with the Lenormands in figuring out what the card combinations mean together. I like the term "pragmatic". I think that's a good way of expressing the difference rather than intuitive. With Tarot decks, there's a lot (for me anyway) of card combinations at play but there's also much more wiggle room to use intuition with those.

Lenormands are much more concise. I think that word works pretty well. You do interpret them by "intuiting" what the card combinations mean, as in the example of a tree vs. tree branching and such that someone mentioned, but there's less of that than there is with Tarot. And there's not the clarification cards, quint cards, and such added frills that people seem to like to use with Tarot a lot. I almost think Lenormands are easier to use than Tarot, to be honest. I'm enjoying and using them more and more lately. And Kipper, too.

I am stuck doing those now! :bugeyed: I am going to have to break that habit quickly! I think it started when I was reading exhausted. Not a good time to read lol

I have been wanting to learn Lenormand and Playing Cards for awhile now. Sharla's thread just gave me the bug. Then zhadee's readings made me think.. I would like to know these. lol

Maybe you can give me pointers also. I think my first deck should arrive by this weekend :) It is the Blue Bird. I ordered it so that I would have something to look at while I decided which bright color deck I wanted. I probably should have done Under the Roses instead for a basic one. So many choices. lol I will probably end up with more than one as I learn the system and find what works best with my eyes.

You're very welcome and hugs back! :heart:

Thank you again!! I appreciate all of your help and support, Grizabella! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

reall

@BeyondtheVeil just remembered another interesting feat I discovered recently,
USGames offer most of their booklets as free downlod!:)
so if you are interested in any deck produced by them and wonder about accompanying LWB this page is good start just look for red BOOKLET icon!:)
here is Dreaming Way http://www.usgamesinc.com/Dreaming-Way-Lenormand/
and it looks interesting!^^

you are welcome!^^:))

@Grizabella agree off topic discussion deserves separate thread!:)) lolz

Thank you, reall! {{HUGS}} You are on top of everything! I didn't realize you could get a LWB download. lol I apparently don't get out from my rock much :D LOL

Thank you so much! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

P.S. I didn't realize that the Chakra Lenormand was your deck! How awesome!! Do you have a chakra tarot deck also?

reall

Thank you, reall! {{HUGS}} You are on top of everything! I didn't realize you could get a LWB download. lol I apparently don't get out from my rock much :D LOL

Thank you so much! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

P.S. I didn't realize that the Chakra Lenormand was your deck! How awesome!! Do you have a chakra tarot deck also?

ha ha! np! it take me a while to get that and I consider myself tech informed person!x,x lolz :))

yep!^^ Chakra Tarot is in progress https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/home/chakra-t need to upload more img n redesign web page!x,x
here are some img from my deviantart to give you idea on minors;
8of wands http://fav.me/daa6uba
10 of swords http://fav.me/daa6v7z
and blog photo (sorry for bad quality! my cam skill is 0!x,x :) central card for 2 of cups https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rivwkkek...1oxuQUuJKBc6T4KmjFQCLcB/s1600/28122016144.jpg
and 2 of air https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cALnMlTy...psgSqPWIP8zAYVd6swQCLcB/s1600/28122016145.jpg
you may notice I decided to *recycle some designs from my Chakra Lenormand as imo Lenormand and Tarot *share some cards so energy should be same? but not sure how people who use it with Chakra Lenormand would feel about that?x.x lolz
also did some art project recently that significantly improved my coloring skill!XD so it's likely there will be some img tweaking or redesign but basic idea stay same; Clear images and colors that transmit card meaning! and it'll be elemental based so suits are; water(cups), air(swords), fire(wands), earth(coins),,, still thinking about *original mythic for courts like; siren, harpy, fairy, gnomi? xD +need a good Chakra Tarot(reversable)back design,,, and waiting for my new tablet,,, but once it's here it'll be completed soon!XD
so expect to see Chakra Tarot around October?^^ hopefully, I'll be sure to post on forum when completed till then I'm COMPLETELY OPEN TO IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!XD LOLZ:))

p.s sorry for long post!:) pm you something interesting!^^:))