Every Day Oracle by Lo Scarabeo

lunakasha

WolfyJames said:
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
Oscar Wilde

YES....that is such a perfect quote for me, LMAO!!!!
I may have to "borrow" it for my signature.....})

I am loving this deck.....only problem is, it has inspired me to start looking at OTHER Sibilla and Lenormand decks.
Do you think I have a problem??? :eek:

(They say the first step is admitting there is a problem....NAH!!! Not me!!!) :laugh:

I will be back to comment further once I start playing....thanks again to both of you! :heart:

:p Luna

lunakasha

bodhran said:
Just to be a merciless enabler... }) Check out the Magica Sibilla - the simple line drawings are actually more beautiful than the scans show:

http://www.playingcardsales.co.uk/cards/frameitem.asp?catref=13740

Bodhran

Merciless.....I would have to agree! :p

Very tempting bodhran....THANKS! hee hee

I have never ordered from Somerville....I wonder if shipping is reasonable?

*sigh* :eek: These cards are so beautiful....it is only a matter of time (and money of course!)

:) Luna

BodhiSeed

Luna,
Tarot Garden carries them (as well as House of Tarot) but both places list them as out of stock. Perhaps you could email one of them and see if and when they might get more in.

Bodhran

WolfyJames

I have La Magica Sibilla as well and find it quite pretty. But as I said, the people on the cards I find them too British, too rich and spoiled for me to relate to them. If I just take one of my favorite cards from I Misteri della Sibilla and compare it to La Magica Sibilla, Sospiri:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/wolfyjames/decks/imisteridellasibilla/sospiri.jpg

http://www.tarotcafe.co.kr/bbs/skin/zero_pic_gallery/show_pic.php?file=data/g_scapini/S6.jpg

On the I Misteri della Sibilla, the card shows some young maid on a beach crying over the departure of someone, I love to imagine it's her fiance who is a sailor. Sailor was a very tough job and quite dangerous then, will she see him ever again? On the other hand, on La Magica Sibilla, the young woman is a rich one and spoiled living in some big mansion. She is pretty and probably has a long list of courtisans. Right now, she may be involved/fiance with the captain and she is worried over his departure, I don't know if it's because we don't see her face but the card does not come up as serious or moving. And since she pretty much has everything handed to her on a plate, she does not seem to care much about what might happen to the captain, it was probably just a fling and she's already thinking of someone else. I know I sound terrible but that is what I get from La Magica Sibilla. I like it and find it incredibly pretty but I just can't read with it.

lunakasha said:
I am loving this deck.....only problem is, it has inspired me to start looking at OTHER Sibilla and Lenormand decks.
Do you think I have a problem??? :eek:

Yes, yes, they are really pretty. I have four Petit LeNormand and 4-5 sibillas (french, italian and another one from another country (I so want to get rid of the last one though)). The scenes are pretty and inspiring. I love to know that these decks have been around for quite a while and that many persons used them to know more about their daily struggles. That is why I really wanted to have these old reproductions like the Sibilla Della Zingara that have been here for over a century.

lunakasha

bodhran said:
Luna,
Tarot Garden carries them (as well as House of Tarot) but both places list them as out of stock. Perhaps you could email one of them and see if and when they might get more in.

Bodhran

Thanks bodhran....I might try ordering from Somerville after all (as I have found two or three decks that are interesting, and unavailable here in the US).

I will try contacting House of Tarot and see what happens.
At TG I have been on several waiting lists, but the waiting can go on indefinitely sometimes, depending on the supplier, and when the next order is going out, etc. Being the impatient person that I am }) I will keep my options open. Thanks again! I love Scapini, and have considered this one before, but unfortunately I waited too long.

lunakasha

WolfyJames said:
On the other hand, on La Magica Sibilla, the young woman is a rich one and spoiled living in some big mansion. She is pretty and probably has a long list of courtisans. Right now, she may be involved/fiance with the captain and she is worried over his departure, I don't know if it's because we don't see her face but the card does not come up as serious or moving. And since she pretty much has everything handed to her on a plate, she does not seem to care much about what might happen to the captain, it was probably just a fling and she's already thinking of someone else. I know I sound terrible but that is what I get from La Magica Sibilla. I like it and find it incredibly pretty but I just can't read with it.

Well....since you can't read with this "snotty" Sibilla, perhaps it is time to find a new home for it then??? })})}) Mwhaha!!!!

(kidding....unless of course you really DO want to get rid of it! But I am thinking, probably not).

Seriously though....after comparing the two, I would agree that the Misteri image is much more sympathetic, and conveys more emotion than the Magica version.

Although I would need to see more cards in order to be sure, since her face is not visible in that particular card.

It does leave me a bit cold.

But I still want it.....:smoker:

easyboy82

WolfyJames said:

I'm happy you cited it, I'a member of that forum and it's a really wonderful one.

Just to be precise, "La vera sibilla" has been published since the beginning of the 20th century by Masenghini, not by Lo Scarabeo: it still is (in the Masenghini version) the most popular deck for readings in Italy after the Tarot de Marseille (and other of the family, such as the Piedmontese Tarot).

I was forgetting... yes, the numbers at the bottom of the cards are for lottery: for example, if you need three numbers you pick three cards, then you pick the number on the left from the first card, that on the right from the second one and that on the left again from the third..and so on.

WolfyJames

easyboy82 said:
Just to be precise, "La vera sibilla" has been published since the beginning of the 20th century by Masenghini, not by Lo Scarabeo: it still is (in the Masenghini version) the most popular deck for readings in Italy after the Tarot de Marseille (and other of the family, such as the Piedmontese Tarot).

Sorry for my mistake. It's just that Lo Scarabeo has republished many old tarot decks, like the Sola-Busca, and redone other old tarot decks like the Visconti Gold or the Golden Tarot of the Renaissance. They did it as well for the oracles by republishing the Sibilla della Zingara and various other italian sibillas and La Vera Sibilla, a Petit LeNormand or two (French Cartomancy), the Parlour Sibyl as Sibilla Oracle a very old french sibilla, etc. I do appreciate their efforts on this matter. I love these sort of oracle decks. I much prefer Sibilla della Zingara over La Vera Sibilla, I find it prettier and more dramatic, so I am happy they republished it.

I'd love to go to Italy. :) That is one of the reasons I love so much the I Misteri della Sibilla, it's very italian in the scenery and all.

I started uploading decks in PhotoBucket but I discovered Multiply which is really fun, I made a page there, I have uploaded many decks but I'm not finished yet: http://strangerealms.multiply.com/

Gavriela

I like Luigi Scapini's Sibilla '800 - it's pretty traditional, based on Sibilla Zingara, and printed by Dal Negro - nice card stock. But still Scapini's art.

I like the Misteri a lot, too.