really weird!

~~~Cindy~~~

Hey guys, I'm cindy and I"m new here and to the whole Tarot Card reading world. I"ve never been one to use Tarot cards because I've always been told since I was little not to do them because they weren't "christian like" or not "cathlic like" and "against my beliefs" I mean I'm not really sure what to belief. I just think that its cool because Its...got this mystery to it.

My friend Heather gave me a reading with a new deck of Cards we just got. We have the Rider-Waite Tarot Cards I believe thats what they are called. Nice Deck, I love the pictures.

Anywayz, the reading she told me was a bit weird because some of it is like...stuf that I don't really want to happen...I'm 18 and do NOT need to get pregnant now. If you guys are interested, I would like some help with the reading. I"ll have the layout for the cards in my next post if you wouldn't mind helping me read them, just to make sure she got the right stuff..... It would mean a lot to me....

Well I gotta go. but I"ll talk to you later! bye guys! I"ll check back soon! :eek:)

~~~Cindy~~~

Kiama

Well, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to help you out on this one.

I have something serious to say now about the Tarot though, regarding it telling you things like getting pregnant when that is the last thing you want. The Tarot is only acting as a warning signal with things like this. The future, and therefore, the Tarot reading, is never fixed, which means you get the opportunity of changing it. Maybe this reading was warning you to be careful, and to pay closer attention to contraception, just in case. It's saying what COULD happen if you carry on how you are, or what COULD happen if you don't pay attention. This same thing happened to me quite alot, and once just before a condom decided it would split... It would be useful for you to take the warning on this one. Just in case. But don't worry yourself too much over something....

Regarding 'beliefs' and Tarot not being 'Christian-like'. Well, I s'pose parents do need to be listened to to an extent... But I have found that sometimes the only reaosn why they tell us these things is because they either don't understand or are worried for us. I am 17 and still live at home. When I told my Mum I was Pagan, she said that the only thoughts she had really were for my safety from other people who didn't understand. Parents say most things out of pure love and concern.

However, I think sometimes we need to make up our own minds about stuff like Tarot, cuz in the end, you're 18, and legally allowed to be free from parental concern... It's up to you to decide if Tarot is right for you. I know many Christians, Catholics, Pagans, Buddhists, Muslims, Sikhs, and even a Jew, and many other people from varied religions, who use Tarot. On this board itself you will find loads of Christians and Catholics.

Anyway, do post that reading for us, and I'm sure we'll help you some more!

Kiama

DarkElectric

Hi Cindy!
I've heard from some very well meaning people similar fearful responses to both my card reading and my religion(Wicca/Pagan). I was also raised Catholic, and still have respect for it, although the history of the Church is contradictory at best... Anyway, chants, charms and varied forms of divination are currently used by almost everyone. We have all heard of people attempting to forcast the serverity of the coming winter by observing the width of the stripe on the Wolly Bear caterpillar. No one accuses such bucolic folklorists of Devil worship, I'm sure! Same goes for Tarot. It's just a tool to help one negotiate potentially confusing areas of life. the cards tap into the energy of the symbol, and this relates to the unconcious, as well as the group conciousness (which is related, but different). All Priests and mystics of every calling understand about moving energy. Christians and those of similar ilk call it one thing. People who practice the Nature religions tend to call it something else, but it's all about energy. If you stay with this forum you'll learn a lot about what cards do, and even more important- what they DON'T do! Many so called "Fortune Tellers" prey on the fears of the gullible. I don't tell fortunes. I use the cards as an introspective tool to identify potential problems (or what I only THINK is a problem!) in my life. This I find a more useful approach, since nothing is carved in stone. Cards can, and do provide warnings as to situations which can be avoided, such as pregnancy. Good to have you here, read everything you can, and and enjoy learning. Tarot is, above all, FUN!

~~~Cindy~~~

Thankyou very much for responding guys. Ya I've always looked at Tarot is not being "evil' or any of that stuf...I mean I'm totaly for it, I know what you mean totaly. I want to learn more. If you guys know any places or stuff that can give me an over view of the cards for the rider-waite deck that would be great. The booklet thingy that came with it goes with the 10 card spread and i'm told it was the celtic cross. But anyways, that book has to learn to speak simpler English. lol

I have a reading that my friend Gave me under the "Help Please" post if you wanna check it out. If you need any other info as to whats going on in my life I can tell you then. She gave me the reading but I wannasee what you guys think. Though I trust her completely what she said is what she's been telling me for weeks. lol :eek:P Talk to you all later! :eek:)

~~~Cindy~~~