Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 302 : May 13 - May 19

Scarlet Woodland

Wowza... I forgot just how powerful the Didactic Tarot is. I knew it was juicy and potent; but now that I'm dipping my toes into GD and Thoth, it's got a whole layer of extra mojo behind it.

Have combined the 24 extra cards into a separate oracle deck (it skewed the tarot too negative for me when I kept them all in together) and it's working great so far. They seem to work well as a single card draw, to get to the heart or root of something.

I wasn't quite ready for this deck, back when I bought it, but I'm so happy that I did.

VGimlet

The new thread is now available here.

Trogon

The past couple of days (well, nights actually as I work evenings), I haven't been able to get onto our regular PC at work. I have continued to do my usual daily 3-card readings with my Fantastic Menagerie Tarot. The readings have continued to be very meaningful and the cards expressive.

Overall, I was kind of surprised at how easily I was able to read with this deck since many of the images vary quite widely from the RWS. As I mentioned before though, the ideas were still there. Some of the images led me to rather different interpretations than I might have gotten from the RWS, so it was really pretty refreshing and fun to do. Unfortunately, I didn't get to use the deck to do a reading for someone else, but I may continue carrying it for a while ... just in case.

Excellent deck and I highly recommend it if you ever find a reasonably priced copy.

Carojulie

The week is over already, and I did not manage to find time to write in the thread more.

I really want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for your warming and loving words. It means a lot to me, and I am glad I shared my little story here, because you all helped me a lot through this !

Also, eventhough I did not write much, I read carefuly every one of your posts, and I leart a lot from each of you. I love it when everybody chats about their decks, their spreads, their draws etc !

Thank you again, and I will meet you in the new thread !

:)