'The Process' threads by Umbrae: ToC

Raya

Caedryn said:
what is the significance of breaking the tip off of the pencil?

~ C

I think he broke it for the express purpose of recreating the sensation that comes with sharpening a pencil and using a freshly sharpened pencil for each querent that came his way. It's part of his reading ritual, or "process" if you will. It draws in, comforts, and engages the querent.

Umbrae

Raya said:
...It's part of his reading ritual, or "process" if you will. It draws in, comforts, and engages the querent.
Which is the major portion of why we're here in the first place. It's all about Rapport. Otherwise, it's just a pile of freaky cards.
Good on ya Raya for 'gettin'' it.

Caedryn

Umbrae said:
Which is the major portion of why we're here in the first place. It's all about Rapport. Otherwise, it's just a pile of freaky cards.
Good on ya Raya for 'gettin'' it.

Thank you both for the 'solution' :)

~ C

Est

I've got to add a bump for this index of threads for 'the Process' (see post 1). Just read through all of them and... wow. They are a must-read for anyone who hasn't come across them yet!

daphne

I just found out about these threads of Umbrae, looking for the horseshoe spread.

I like his way of telling stories, he is really gifted with words.

I would like to ask if he published something, I think I read somewhere in the thread about a book? I would love to read him.

AJ

No book that I'm aware of but the link to the CD set is right above your post.
It comes up on the trading forum once in awhile too.

gregory

He refused to put it all in a book.

I asked about this for AGES in some other thread about them, as I am deaf and cannot handle it in audio form. I don't even know that I wanted it, but I felt very strongly about it. He PMd politely but never changed his mind that I know of.

daphne

No book that I'm aware of but the link to the CD set is right above your post.
It comes up on the trading forum once in awhile too.

Wow, a CD, not a book?!! Sort of...original, I guess. I never expected this. It is still available at tarogarden, I see.

(Not a subscriber member, unfortunately, so I cannot go on trading place.)

daphne

He refused to put it all in a book.

I asked about this for AGES in some other thread about them, as I am deaf and cannot handle it in audio form. I don't even know that I wanted it, but I felt very strongly about it. He PMd politely but never changed his mind that I know of.

Thank you, Gregory!

I would also prefer a book, I like to linger over the words in a good written book. And he really is a good writer, inspiring sensations through words.
In fact, I am astonished he did not publish anything, I was sure he must had at least few books out. I feel it like a wasted treasure he got there. Well, at least, he wrote something here, scattered through threads.