Ancient Italian Tarot

sapienza

Oh, I see now, I didn't look at the second photo. Thanks :)

Le Fanu

has anyone noticed how after 17 pages, we're actually talking about the Ancient Italian Tarot??

emmsma

Congrats on finally having a deck on the way. Can't wait for your "report" once it arrives!

Starting to strongly consider trying my hand at acquiring one.
*such a lemming, I am*

But its what this thread is all about and, hey! I like it here!

sapienza

Aerin said:
Although...the thread title is 'Ancient Italian Tarot' and not the 'Ancient Italian Tarot Deck by Lo Scarabeo' - fortunately for us
How true :)

Aerin said:
Ooh Aerin, the Liguria-Piedmont, how lucky. I don't have that one and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Do you mind me asking where you found it? Not that I need any more!!!!

Le Fanu

Oh the Liguria-Piedmont! I love this deck! If only it didn't have the borders! I keep thinking that if I come across another copy of this, Id buy it and trim it. And the cards would be a much nicer size because of it.

here's a thread I started when I first got it

Sapienza, I bought mine from the book depository. But that was a while back. There is also the Scarabeo Ancient Divining Tarot which from scans looks to be the same deck (unless I was looking at erroneous scans)

I was wondering why the moderators hadn't stepped in and rapped our knuckles for going all round the houses in this thread. From the very outset I thought it was about THE Ancient Italian (deck) and then we talked about everything but. But now I see it can be interpreted as Ancient Italian Tarot in the generic sense and so we are free to talk about any Italian deck in the history of tarot...

Aerin

Somebody extremely kind and helpful saw me wingeing about it ;) somewhere and there happened to be a copy in their local bookstore. So that's how.

Aerin x

faunabay

You know I'm really happy to say the Lombardy doesn't do much for me. Yay!! And please no one talk me into wanting it. :p Because there is a local store who has one instock. })

Aerin

faunabay said:
You know I'm really happy to say the Lombardy doesn't do much for me. Yay!! And please no one talk me into wanting it. :p Because there is a local store who has one instock. })

As a trading deck, it would work. There will be someone who wants one I would have thought.

(Speaks the person who buys a trading deck and then keeps it.)

But seriously, gorgeous deck.

Aerin ;) (who can't find the Sola Busca reasonably so if anyone sees that at normal price I'll have it!)

faunabay

Drum roll please.....................

I got it!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed: I finally got my Ancient Italian!!! Debra is the best!!!! :*

And yes, I have to say you all are right. (everyone take a bow) It's beautiful! The embellishments on the minors are so much prettier. And while there are still a few Classical cards I like better in my initial flip through of the AT - mostly I like the AT better!

Alot of the people seem to have lipstick smeared all over their faces. LOL But the deck is just more appealing for some reason! It's softer than the Classical.

I haven't done more than flip through the AT. But I'm really interested to see how it'll work in a reading for me.

Again - thank you so much Debra!!!!! :heart: