Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck

Asher

sunflowr said:
Would love to see a few images.

Here's a couple...the 1st is Death (renamed Transformation) and the 2nd is the 2 of Mental (Swords). I'm very new to scanning & uploading, but am getting the hang of it.

Enjoy!

Asher

Attachments

• PTO13.jpg
    PTO13.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 418
  • PTO2Mental.jpg
    PTO2Mental.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 396

MoonGypsy

i recently acquired this deck, and i really am enthralled with it!
Blessings and Happy New Year!
MoonGypsy:heart:

Asher

TarotDreamer said:
My theory on why Holland left out the 10s has to do with the inclusion of numerology in the guidebook. In that section, he covers the meanings of the numbers 1-9. In numerology, a 10 would reduce to 1 (10=1+0=1).

And, as far as the Courts go, my guess is that most people starting out with Tarot find them challenging to interpret. Their exclusion may appeal to those readers.

James

I think you're right. And my partner thought it would be a good deck to learn with. He just might be right!

Faolainn Storm said:
It wouldn't be the first deck to eliminate the courts. The Oracle Tarot (also published by Hay House) also eliminated the courts. If I remember correctly, the author decided that the courts were unnecessary and generally unreadable by most people.

I had forgotten about that deck! And I do remember her rationale for nixing the courts. The Psychic Tarot Oracle is SO much better!

Asher

sunflowr

And with gilt edges??? I'm in! :) Thanks for the 2 scans!

diane drizzy

Thanks for the images Asher.
Lovely format and colorings, but it just reminds me why I can't work with a "photo" deck. I keep doing a celebrity hunt and not focusing on the cards.

Transformation-Lynda Carter, Linda Blair
Mental Conflict-Bruce Willis

HearthCricket

diane drizzy said:
Thanks for the images Asher.
Lovely format and colorings, but it just reminds me why I can't work with a "photo" deck. I keep doing a celebrity hunt and not focusing on the cards.

Transformation-Lynda Carter, Linda Blair
Mental Conflict-Bruce Willis

lol Hmm...makes me wonder if they are all celebrities? Not sure I care for that idea, but the artwork and idea are nice and I am very, very temtped to indulge!

MoonGypsy

Personally, i don't see any "celebrities" at all! :D

Le Fanu

I was kind of intrigued at first, but that Death card is just so naff. Why DO they do it?

MoonGypsy

i have to admit i agree about the Death card...:bugeyed: It IS pretty lame.

lark

I was looking forward to this deck..I have John Hollands Psychic Navigator book and CD and use it all the time.
But after seeing some of the cards... nope it's not for me..I need faces to be very generic on my decks..with expression and personality but generic, not too distictive or exaggerated facial features.
These look to much like people I might know.
Wouldn't work for me.