Captive Man

sagitarian

I keep getting this card in every daily draw as of late. I've only had this deck for about three days. He was the first card I pulled in my very first daily draw. Then he was a jumper along with two other cards. I don't think I'm getting his message, and I'm not sure what I'm "not getting".

I don't know if he's representing someone else (my boyfriend?) or if he's talking about me, or what exactly he's talking about at all.

Any light shedded about him would be awesome. He puzzles me, but this is what I get so far...

I think he's representing my boyfriend. That he's "captive" in some way, mentally or on a spiritual level, I'm not sure which, and possibly both. Although my b/f is a very open minded person, and has a great mind, so I"m not sure "how" this would apply.

If he's representing me, well, I can see how this could be, but i feel like I"m
"reaching" to try to make him make sense in representing me, unless of course he doesn't represent a person who is "captive" either mentally or physically, unless I"m just blind to my mental imprisonment. Which, maybe, but I really don't think so.

Help, please?

lark

Look at how his eyes seem blind...and you can't see his ears because he is deaf to words
And look at the fairies around him.
You know how Faerie Queens like to have human lovers...and don't want to let them go...
You know how a client will come to you with a question about their boyfriend...and you give them the info, but they are so captured by their relationship they have no perspective...and can't see what you, or all their friends, or their mother are so obviously seeing about the relationship.
It's an entanglement that causes us not to be able to see the truth.
So captive man to me is a need to ask for clear site...to stop and be conscious for a minute and see the thing from all sides...
This can be scary because often we are blind and deaf to the situation because subconsciously we know there is an imbalance in it that we don't want to admit.

The Captive Man can also mean that "I" am holding someone captive and I need to let them go...I might be taking on the roll of a Faerie Queen and holding on to something or someone because I need to use them to make me feel good in someway.

P.S. so nice to see you back Sag..:) :love:

Muir Aingeal

I pulled this one for my ex who is captive inside his own little mind and unable to move on with his life.

This faery does looks blind and lost inside his head. I see this card as maybe deluding oneself that there is more to something then there really is and are unwilling to open their eyes to see what the real picture is. This faery wants to hold onto the fantasy that they have invented for themselves thus they are held captive to it.

Do you see how sinister and obsessed that faery looks on the upper right side of the card?

DragonFae

There are so many things the Captive Man can represent.....captive by our own delusions, captive by our own desires, dreams, lack of self confidence can led one to be held captive in the same spot for a VERY long time. Sometimes we hold others captive by "over doing" for them so that they never really grow up....Many aspects in this card....

When I draw it...I usually ask for a clarifier card to perhaps point me in the direction of the capitivity....Or if it is a multi card reading I look to the card closest to the Capitive Man to try an unravel the mystery.