The Daemon Tarot

Alta

....... there are also representatives from Ancient Greece, Welsh Brittany, Greenland, Prussia, India... it's definitely a mixed bag, though certainly heavy on the Goetic.
Cool, now I definitely will get this deck!

Beewitch

Oh wow! Someone put up an unboxing video of the deck (which is as delightful as it is silly, haha), and quickly goes through all of the cards. So for anyone who'd like to see a quick flip through: http://youtu.be/YMUx7HGDpt8

alan

Just received mine today, first impressions...I love it!

Le Fanu

Mine's on the way!
It's here. I love it! What a wonderful kit. It has really made an impression on me. Excellently packaged - hugely informative book and gorgeous cards. It really is exactly what it sets out to be. The nearest thing on the market of this nature is the Fallen Angels Oracle but I now realise how much more intutive and coherent this set is since the tombstones and collaging in the other set often gave few clues to meanings. I know I wouldn't normally like cards that have text printed on them but these clues printed at the bottom of each card mean that it really is useable - unlike other oracle deck sets where you have to immediately assimilate a completely new system. This one is ready to go straight out of the box. I feel that the priority is producing an oracle deck that is first and foremost readable.

I love the layout in the book - the cards don't seem to have any particular order but the demons are all listed in the front in alphabetical order so you can orient yourself very easily - look up Mammon for example and you're directed to page 89. The cards are not numbered, which is actually quite refreshing so you really feel there is no specific order.

And the meanings are new and fresh and, despite the name, are not taroty. I like that - "beware of charmers", "beware of lusting to excess", "focus on physical or metaphorical structures". It feels like an oracle that ventures into new ground, gives meaning in directions so few other oracles reach. I'm very impressed. I love the tone of the book, very accessible, fun but erudite.. I think the creator/author has done a superb job. Lovely graphics in the book too.

I think I shall go far with this deck. "The next best thing to dragging a daemon into your living room to answer all your questions" it says on the box.

Isn't that fabulous? And I believe that if you hang the box lid behind the door, it keeps Doreen Virtue decks at bay.

Beewitch

It's here. I love it! What a wonderful kit. It has really made an impression on me.

WOW. Thank you! That was just lovely to read. I'm so glad you found the deck.

Beewitch

Just received mine today, first impressions...I love it!

What about second impressions? ;)

(In all seriousness, I'm interested in how the deck reads for different people -- I'm starting to get feedback from folks about their experiences using the deck, and I think that sort of thing will be VERY useful for my next project.)

Darkmage

I picked my copy up on a lark on a trip to Barnes and Noble two weeks ago. I had no idea it had just come out. I grabbed it for my collection--that and I had a 20% off coupon, always a bonus. ;)

I love the cards and just how it was done. I was already familiar with most of De Plancy's illustrations, but having them in card form is just nice. I like the layout of the book, too. All in all it's a very well done set and I'm pleased to have it on my shelf.

I haven't tried actually reading with it yet, though...

Alta

I liked the Fallen Angels Oracle, and finally Le Fanu's comments (you enabler!!) pushed me over the edge and I have ordered this one. Plus:
"The next best thing to dragging a daemon into your living room to answer all your questions" it says on the box. Isn't that fabulous? And I believe that if you hang the box lid behind the door, it keeps Doreen Virtue decks at bay.
How could I resist those two features!!!

DeToX

I don't think you can compare this deck to Fallen Angels Oracle in any way personally. I just ordered myself a copy.